RE: DRE: CTS community mail

  • From: Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 09:50:57 +0000

Never buy into the "hype" that surrounds blockbuster movies.

It only leads to disappointment

Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 11:41:12 +0200
Subject: RE: DRE: CTS community mail
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I was expecting better and was sorely dissapointed.
On 11 Feb 2015 11:38, "Wynand-Ben" <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Gravity is pretty indeed.  Thing looks great.

The plot and stuff is decent but wont blow anybody away.  Was expecting worse
and liked it in the end.

From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 09:34:18 +0000

I’ve got Enter the Void lying around, but haven’t got around to watching it.
Same with Under the Skin. No idea who Tarkovksy is.
 Just checked IMDB. Nope. Are his films worth watching? I mean from a
non-technical perspective.

First time I saw the Massive Attack video, I didn’t realise that it was all one
shot. I just assumed they’d cut it. I forget what
 the song was called, but it was more than 5min long.

Snake Eyes was an okay film. It wasn’t bad or good… actually can’t remember
much about the film.

I don’t know if I can be arsed to watch Gravity. Maybe I’ll put it on sometime
while I’m reading. The only thing that I’ve heard
 about Gravity is that it is a very pretty film. No one seems to care about the
story or script. That seems like a bit of a fail to me.

Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 05:29:06 +0000

Then I suppose they’d be guaranteed the Oscar.

Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 05:09:25 +0000

I tend to figure that the camera work is only something you notice if it’s done
badly. I can’t recall when last I noticed good camera work in a film.

Same with most of the things, I guess. It’s only when the music is jarring and
detracts from the scene that I actually notice it.