RE: DRE: CTS community mail

  • From: lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 04:34:45 +0000

dis game is superior to sf4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X7ogoNB_9s

From: ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 23:19:57 +0200
Subject: Re: DRE: CTS community mail
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

persona 5 trailer. very stylishhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc_9r4wifFc

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 10:18 PM, Stephen Scheidel <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
bes keb eva
​

On 5 February 2015 at 19:43, Manase Zote <bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
13 days?

Not possible. Lol
On 5 Feb 2015 19:29, "Di Lhong" <geosaurus8@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
13 days and counting...Namco better get their shit together.
On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 6:47 PM, Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Same here.
The game itself looks good imo.
But that doest help me till they add my characters.

Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 18:33:32 +0200
From: gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Characters aside I like the look of T7 :)
On 5 February 2015 at 18:08, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'll rather wait until TxSF is released. Even though they haven't released any
game play footage, l doubt it'll be as bad as T7.
On 5 Feb 2015 18:03, "Stephen Scheidel" <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just noticed how stupid Bryan looks in his picture.How does the Tekken team
always let these goofy ass smiles find their way into the game.
On 5 February 2015 at 18:00, Stephen Scheidel <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Lee is the most important character in Tekken and I deserve everything I
want.Fuck Tekken right now.
On 5 February 2015 at 17:28, Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Luckily I like multiple GG characters...  including a new addition.

Tekkens new additions suck ass.
And none of my interested characters are there...   Yoshi or Jack would have
been acceptable if Lei was absent.

From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 15:13:50 +0000

Well GG released without your main as well.

…although he may still be released and I don’t know about Tekken adding lots
more characters to come…

Maybe they’re keeping Lei as a surprise…

Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 03:50:30 -0800

From: greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Serious?? Sounds cool

On Feb 5, 2015 1:29 PM, "Wynand-Ben" <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

You can test it with multiple displays and high speed camera.

Ive seen dedicated hardware that tests lag as well.  Little box with senson and
hdmi cable.

Plug into TV.

Point at the screen.

Presson button.

And it measures the lag.

Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 03:26:48 -0800

From: greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hardware like???

On Feb 5, 2015 1:20 PM, "Wynand-Ben" <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

Cant just use software program to test input lag.

You need the correct hardware to do proper tests.

Other than that you just have to "feel it out"

Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 03:15:36 -0800

From: greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

You have confused me with a really difficult question,, I guess I use TEKKEN
and SF,, its really good compared to the last screen I had to play on,, it was
a HD TV with about 4 - 5 frames
 of lag, horrible

On Feb 5, 2015 1:13 PM, "Manase Zote" <bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

Which one do you play and do combos on Rich, the program/app for testing lag or
fighting games?

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 1:02 PM, richard moorcroft <greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

Isn't there a program that you can use to test input lag?? There should be
something like this

On Feb 5, 2015 12:53 PM, "Manase Zote" <bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

Links(just frames), juggles, rekka type moves, movement are all vital when
testing lag :)

Good choices there SAP.

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 12:49 PM, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

Tekken, Mahvel, SF and VF

On 5 Feb 2015 12:28, "Donaldson, Alasdair" <alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

Out of interest, which games did you use for testing, Sap?

From:
cpt-fgc-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 06:21:10 +0000

IPS monitor?

Im sure the lag is not in my head now.  I dont think you get IPS "gaming"
monitors.

IPS monitors give better colours and viewing angles but anything
gaming/performance/response related will be a TN panel.

I would recommend going for a non IPS monitor

Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 07:45:34 +0200

From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nope, this one

http://www.kalahari.com/Technology/AOC-23-D2367PH-IPS-3D-Monitor_p_48293402

On 4 Feb 2015 17:12, "Di Lhong" <geosaurus8@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

Is this the AOC you're talking about nic?

http://www.wootware.co.za/aoc-e2370sd-23-1920x1080-led-monitor.html

Anyone have any experience with LG mp55hq?

http://www.wootware.co.za/lg-23mp55hq-23-ips.html

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 5:04 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

Pretty good, 3k.

On 4 Feb 2015 15:14, "Di Lhong" <geosaurus8@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

How are the AOC screens in terms of lag? how much are they? need to get a
screen for my pc...

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 3:12 PM, Manase Zote <bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

*LOL*

Cool bro.

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 2:54 PM, euraima tobias <euraima@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

Np mz, you know where to find me whoever feels like pressing buttons.

On 04 Feb 2015 2:32 PM, "Manase Zote" <bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

He is going out tonight so he won't attend and that includes me too :(

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 2:23 PM, euraima tobias <euraima@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

I'm easy just let me know. What about Sap?

On 04 Feb 2015 1:37 PM, "sameegh jardine" <sameegh@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

Haha, nah it's no worries bro. Next time.

Actually about tonight, is it only Khan, Nic and I? (I know Salie is a maybe)

Should we postpone to next week?

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 1:31 PM, Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

:(

Sadly I have obligations that could not get out of in Paarl this evening

Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 13:25:06 +0200

From: sameegh@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Paas plz.

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 1:23 PM, Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

Btw im sadly not going to be able to make it to tonights session

Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 13:06:04 +0200

From: sameegh@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Zidane has been beasting with that Leo on Spooky's stream for a while now.
Mynus is probably the best Ino player in the states (he usually gets bopped by
Zidane though).

Playing against Faust seems frustrating, his neutral game is really solid.

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 11:36 AM, Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

Ah Apex.

I watched the that on stream.

Was good.  Leo & Ino in top 3...  Was pretty hype when Leo reset against Faust
in Grand finals.

Fuck the meteors tho :P

Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 11:31:29 +0200

From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think Manase meant Apex?

On 4 Feb 2015 11:30, "Di Lhong" <geosaurus8@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

They need to make a complete version of Soul Calibur 5! with all the original
cast...Alpha Pat can't replace Setsuka!

PAX is this March i think. Boston?

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 11:26 AM, Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

Its hard for me...

2D has GG

3D has Sour Kariba

What/where was the Pax tourney?  Was stuff recorded/streamed?

Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 11:04:06 +0200

From: bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

2D fighters all the way!!!

You lost me Nick when you mentioned MK...

Enough about the doomed 3D fighting game genre and more GG XRD please.

I see at PAX there were no strong Sol players instead lots of tier whoring...

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 10:43 AM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

If you were stuck on an island somewhere, would you choose to have current 2d
plane fighting games with you, or current 3d plane games with you.

I know where I stand, I'll miss Jojo's ASB tho.

As a fighting game fan, I think it's a decline in the 3d interest.  I believe
the reason is that the characters are simply too similar.  The 3d movement is
the same for most.  The movesets too similar.

It's something I disliked about MK as well... to some extent anyway.

On 4 Feb 2015 09:41, "Donaldson, Alasdair" <alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

VF5 – people realise it is boring and don’t play it much

T6:BR – Tekken scene declines.

Yeah, it’s sneaky how they follow the VF trends.

From:
cpt-fgc-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 16:02:18 +0200

From: sameegh@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:sameegh@xxxxxxxxx>

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

LB plz.

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 3:57 PM, lindsey kiviets
<lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx><mailto:lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>>>
 wrote:

Get a xbone. There a dude on the forum selling one for 4800 with 2 games

________________________________

Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 15:48:20 +0200

From:
geosaurus8@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:geosaurus8@xxxxxxxxx><mailto:geosaurus8@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:geosaurus8@xxxxxxxxx>>

To:
cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx><mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

Anyone know the price of a PS3 console nowadays? i think it's time for me to
invest in one lolz

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 3:39 PM, Wynand-Ben
<paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx><mailto:paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>>>

Ky

 wrote:

> Lol

> The controls need an overhaul since sanwa/seimatsu parts are not only better
> but also different from our local ones which suck ass.

> On 3 Feb 2015 10:33, "lindsey kiviets" <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:...

JPEG image