Re: Cape Town Showdown is coming!

  • From: Sameegh Jardine <sameegh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 14:56:56 +0200

Cool beans, I just want to make sure I drop off the console while you're there.

On 07 Aug 2015, at 2:35 PM, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'll have a lot to do this evening so I'll probably be there until 9PM,
depending.

On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 2:34 PM, Sameegh Jardine <sameegh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey bro, roughly how long will you be at Kami this evening? I know you
mentioned you'd rock up around 6:30 or so.

On 07 Aug 2015, at 11:21 AM, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Got you covered breh.

On 7 Aug 2015 11:20, "Stephen Scheidel" <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sap ... or anyone.
I may be a little too late for the 10am reg but I will definitely be there
for the 11am tekken start.

PLS register me guys pls.

On 7 August 2015 at 09:46, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEvMB-bLpuQ
Looks neet

On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 6:58 AM, Stephen Scheidel
<gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I will have the power of buttery flows.
And to move the crowd like a Buddha cloud the purple.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS7eHSNzJJk

On 6 August 2015 at 23:45, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Fanfourstic

On 6 Aug 2015 22:52, "Ryan Williams" <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Fantastic 4 review *LOL*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=424&v=Wo5NETEV0S0

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 10:42 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir
<nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dude, you're so in my team... wait... is that my decision or did you
use your power on me?

On 6 Aug 2015 22:29, "Ashraf Barendse" <ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
I'd take a practical power, like mind control. Teleportation could
work,cos free travel and I can steal whatever money or stuff i need.
Super speed as well.

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 9:32 PM, Manase Zote <bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
One word LB,

Superman...

On 6 Aug 2015 18:47, "lindsey kiviets" <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
the power of dps

Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 17:02:17 +0200
Subject: Re: Cape Town Showdown is coming!
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

What's your favorite power?
Mine's teleportation for sure.

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 4:37 PM, richard moorcroft
<greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Immortality is the worst power dude,, you can't die,, I would
rather live 300 - 500 years,, at 500 I should look like a 100
years old or something

On Aug 6, 2015 4:28 PM, "lindsey kiviets" <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
why u wana live forever?

immortality is a boring power.

From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 13:44:29 +0000

It’s not just healing. It’s immortality. Best power of all.

From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 13:20:34 +0000
This from someone who struggles to get off the couch.

Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 14:58:59 +0200
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Odd though.
US Agent can lift up to 10.
Looks like Cap gets better with time.
On 6 Aug 2015 14:40, "sameegh jardine" <sameegh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://marvel.wikia.com/Strength_Scale

He can lift up to 2 tons which puts him in the super human
strength tier (which is more than Cap btw).

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 2:32 PM, lindsey kiviets
<lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
so he's crazier than normal and he has super healing.

Wooopty do.

gtfo wit dat healing.

Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 14:12:27 +0200
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

...and there's more to it.
His psychotic behavior is part of his ability. In the comics
Rogue stole some of his power to revive herself and ended up more
than a little bonkers as well.

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 1:36 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
his healing power is kindda unique. it literally can't die. you
can chop him up to pieces...he'll just regrow back.

there's actually a group of "evil" deadpool running around in the
universe because his missing limbs grew into another deadpool lolz

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 6:09 AM, lindsey kiviets
ugh more marvel movies with no super powers, when are people gna
learn healing is not a super power.
From: ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 21:33:14 +0200
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is the best trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyKWUTwSYAs

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 8:41 PM, lindsey kiviets
<lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Best trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMh1YFDabL4

I fear the worst

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phOVyORnkfM

This is gna be so kuk emo and a action rpg political emo drama
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 18:22:02 +0200
From: gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

slow day ?

On 4 August 2015 at 22:51, Stephen Scheidel
<gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dude that legend of Salie vid is better than the whole lord of the
rings trilogy.
For real, send Sap his check now.

On 4 August 2015 at 22:37, Stephen Scheidel
<gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sorry for late re pies dogs.
Moebius is the artist that Was part of the Jodorowski Dune project
that Om Salie told us about.
(side note) Moebius is and has been an illustrative genius for
decades .... he's ascended.

I haven't looked at stuff for a while so looking at Kim and
Katsuya's drawings are bugging me out on how good they are.
I'm glad if I can draw something recognizable.

On 4 August 2015 at 10:56, Ashraf Barendse
<ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
OGRS , you're into drawing right?
I\m really liking these 2 artists, Katsuya Terada and Kim Jung Gi.
http://www.cheshirecatart.com/blog/?p=2365
http://www.cheshirecatart.com/blog/?p=2229
Moebius is also cool
https://www.google.ie/search?q=moebius&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMIwbO1-oaPxwIVxgjbCh3GKAXI&biw=1855&bih=985

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 10:08 PM, Donaldson, Alasdair
<alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've liked the other fate stay stuff. Haven't got around to
unlimited yet

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 23:12:11 -0700
From:
greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I also got 2 extra keys

On Aug 2, 2015 12:06 AM, "Wynand-Ben"
<paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx><mailto:paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>>>
wrote:
Also got 2 keys if anybody else needs

________________________________
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 09:49:54 -0700
From:
ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx><mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>>
To:
cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx><mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

2 Rising Thunder keys.

GWHGB-RUDMP-7A92A-ZR8MS-WLK9J
J4ZPL-PS1C5-GRSTG-784ZS-XMVI2

Doesn't recognize my stick even with Joy2Key and Xpadder.

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 8:09 AM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir
<nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx><mailto:nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>>>
wrote:

I linked that last week.

On 31 Jul 2015 16:44, "Ilitirit Sama"
<ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx><mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>>>
wrote:
Heh. Check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SWt6OQ4Nl4

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 4:42 PM, Ilitirit Sama
<ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx><mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>>>
wrote:
TIL one of the orginal Crystal King ("you wa shock") vocalists
sings the Katamari Theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xImVb2iOqZM

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 2:52 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir
<nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx><mailto:nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>>>
wrote:

Lol, thst was legit.

On 31 Jul 2015 14:50, "Donaldson, Alasdair"
<alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx><mailto:alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>>>
wrote:
I liked the one on Acid Cow yesterday:
Sex is like pizza. If you’re going to use barbeque sauce, you’d
better know what you’re doing.

From:

Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 14:25:47 +0200
From:
ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx><mailto:ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>>
To:
cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx><mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
*lol* I wonder how many articles have been dedicated to the
"evils" of gaming and it's effect on society thus far. Seems like
the same old thing with slightly altered content/arguments.

Anyhoo, they do mention excessive exposure to both. The same holds
true for someone who is a social drinker vs someone who is an
alcholic. When something of this nature is taken to an extreme
without some form of restraint to counterbalance it, there are
bound to be negative repercussions.

Someone who sits in their room all day playing games without any
form of/limited exposure to conventional social interaction is
bound to be affected by it. The same can be said of pornography if
it becomes a substitute for a normal relationship. In some cases,
the individual in question may even develop unrealistic
expectations of someone that they are in a relationship with;
unable to (or even unwilling to) separate fantasy from reality.
But again, this is about excess and individuality. Just because
someone is a gamer and watches pornography does not mean that they
automatically fall into the same category of people mentioned in
the article. Porn aside, look at the FGC. They're all about social
interaction, but this is largely due to it having it's roots in
the arcades, where people played games in an environment that was
socially accommodating.

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 1:05 PM, Donaldson, Alasdair
<alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx><mailto:alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>>>
wrote:
http://en.yibada.com/articles/32068/20150511/video-games-pornography-affect-masculinity-study.htm

So apparently men who play video games and watch pr0n have less
social contact… well maybe that’s because they’re getting
everything they need from those two hobbies.

I wonder why anyone would quote the Stanford Prison experiment
considering what a crock it was. I guess is just some random
online article though.