Re: Cape Town Showdown is coming!

  • From: Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 16:14:29 +0200

lol

don't they have pc's there anyways?

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 3:45 PM, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Gtfo lol
On 4 Aug 2015 15:41, "lindsey kiviets" <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

yeayuh, what about we bring our pc's and lan party guild wars?

wouldn't that be fun?

------------------------------
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 14:40:31 +0200
Subject: RE: Cape Town Showdown is coming!
From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I did the last time we were there. I'm meeting him tomorrow to finalise
things so l'll drop him a reminder, but l was assured that it will not be
an issue.
On 4 Aug 2015 14:25, "lindsey kiviets" <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

SAP did you tell uncle Dino that he needs to stock up on cooldrink snacks
and burgers for da day? im very hungry

------------------------------
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 11:20:28 +0200
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kewl.
On 4 Aug 2015 11:04, "Ashraf Barendse" <ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

oh yeah, I saw it now.

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 11:01 AM, Donaldson, Alasdair <
alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Wow, pushy, aren’t you? Maybe he’s just trying to ignore you.

Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 23:12:11 -0700
From: greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I also got 2 extra keys

On Aug 2, 2015 12:06 AM, "Wynand-Ben" <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:
paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx><mailto:paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:
paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>>> wrote:
Also got 2 keys if anybody else needs

________________________________
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 09:49:54 -0700
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx><mailto:
ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx><mailto:
cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

2 Rising Thunder keys.

GWHGB-RUDMP-7A92A-ZR8MS-WLK9J
J4ZPL-PS1C5-GRSTG-784ZS-XMVI2

Doesn't recognize my stick even with Joy2Key and Xpadder.

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 8:09 AM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <
nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx><mailto:nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>>> wrote:

I linked that last week.

On 31 Jul 2015 16:44, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:
ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx><mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>>>
wrote:
Heh. Check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SWt6OQ4Nl4

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 4:42 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx><mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:
ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>>> wrote:
TIL one of the orginal Crystal King ("you wa shock") vocalists sings the
Katamari Theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xImVb2iOqZM

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 2:52 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <
nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx><mailto:nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>>> wrote:

Lol, thst was legit.

On 31 Jul 2015 14:50, "Donaldson, Alasdair" <
alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:
alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>>> wrote:
I liked the one on Acid Cow yesterday:
Sex is like pizza. If you’re going to use barbeque sauce, you’d better
know what you’re doing.

From: cpt-fgc-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:cpt-fgc-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 14:25:47 +0200
From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx><mailto:
ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx><mailto:
cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
*lol* I wonder how many articles have been dedicated to the "evils" of
gaming and it's effect on society thus far. Seems like the same old thing
with slightly altered content/arguments.

Anyhoo, they do mention excessive exposure to both. The same holds true
for someone who is a social drinker vs someone who is an alcholic. When
something of this nature is taken to an extreme without some form of
restraint to counterbalance it, there are bound to be negative
repercussions.

Someone who sits in their room all day playing games without any form
of/limited exposure to conventional social interaction is bound to be
affected by it. The same can be said of pornography if it becomes a
substitute for a normal relationship. In some cases, the individual in
question may even develop unrealistic expectations of someone that they are
in a relationship with; unable to (or even unwilling to) separate fantasy
from reality. But again, this is about excess and individuality. Just
because someone is a gamer and watches pornography does not mean that they
automatically fall into the same category of people mentioned in the
article. Porn aside, look at the FGC. They're all about social interaction,
but this is largely due to it having it's roots in the arcades, where
people played games in an environment that was socially accommodating.

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 1:05 PM, Donaldson, Alasdair <
alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:
alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>>> wrote:

http://en.yibada.com/articles/32068/20150511/video-games-pornography-affect-masculinity-study.htm

So apparently men who play video games and watch pr0n have less social
contact… well maybe that’s because they’re getting everything they need
from those two hobbies.

I wonder why anyone would quote the Stanford Prison experiment
considering what a crock it was. I guess is just some random online article
though.