Re: Cape Town Showdown is coming!

  • From: Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 13:26:41 +0200

Can't say that l have. I have points in Igni and Quen (All l ever use
really, aside from Yrden for specific monster fights) and neither of those
has given me the impression that it is OP.

This sign that you're referring to... have you maxed it out already? Which
one is it (if not one of the aforementioned ones)?
On 28 Jul 2015 13:17, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

@SAP:

Did you come across a sign in Witcher 3 that you thought was OP? I
thought Quen was too good in W2, but there's a sign in W3 that I feel is
just broken.

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 1:08 PM, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Yup, SNES has some amazing co-op games :)
On 28 Jul 2015 12:28, "Manase Zote" <bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

@Stu, Cute :]

@SAP, some of the games(co-op) on this list look awesome so we should
try them at the session some time :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1785&v=2yAJOu3btoY

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 5:02 PM, Donaldson, Alasdair <

Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 16:23:43 +0200
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ya, if he's locked in the attack, you can't hit him until he recovers
from it. Then he can just block.
You can combo it after any other attack hits though.

So, unblockable to destroy = whiff
Unblockable to attack to destroy = victoly

On 27 Jul 2015 16:05, "Wynand-Ben" <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Not even when you got the requirements down? (Opp at 20% you on full
bar)

I know that if you dont meet the requirements then it is impossible to
combo any Destroy. They just dont hit and go straight through people even
tho it should technically combo.
------------------------------

Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 15:41:36 +0200
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The first two are post patch.
The overhead is great, but Elphelt can still give you a slice of
wedding cake if you try to use it on knock-down
I struggle to get any loops, but it looks like you have to hit your
opponent super-low with it.

Protip - you cannot unblockable - RC - into Destroy :'(

On 27 Jul 2015 15:23, "Wynand-Ben" <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Had a quick screw around with Axl in Xrd. Found some stuff I didnt
know.

His Jump D wallsplats :O
His unblockable if you RC early the opp stays on the ground and you can
run/punsh the opp into the corner before you combo
6H seems to almost always hit crouching elphelt meaty. Ie you can
combo afterwards without a RC.
Bomber loops are still hard :P

Also came to the conclusion that I dont feel MKX enough to learn a new
character(Tremor) so ill just stick to EB (Or goro if I feel I need a
challange :P)
Havent really played since they fixed the Njp timing stuff so I
constantly jumping without getting any attacks :P
------------------------------

Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 15:08:41 +0200
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lol. Oaf.

On 27 Jul 2015 15:01, "Wynand-Ben" <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

They should have just had the Xrd tournament twice
------------------------------

From: lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 12:57:06 +0000

nah kof is unhype.

id rather have seen BBCP instead of kof.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 14:40:23 +0200
From: marongdin@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Also the game is far from finish...not all characters a released and
some of the top players have to settle for their 2nd or find a new
character to play.

The loading time is nuts for a fighting game nowadays. Graphics might
be slightly better than SC5. SC5 had instant reply load time.

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 2:27 PM, Donaldson, Alasdair <
alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Tekken 7 should’ve been a side tournament there. Create hype for the
all the FG players who are there, get some shots out. Stream a few matches
of real players showing their stuff – that sort of thing.

Having T7 on a stream as a full game was stupid. Those loading times…

I agree with Nick. Hell, I’d have preferred watching some real KOF
games despite being a massive Tekken fan and KOF noob.