Re: Cape Town Showdown is coming!

  • From: richard moorcroft <greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 01:37:32 -0700

This makes sense,, I didn't think of it this way,, but ya,, Namco did say
that crap
On Jul 27, 2015 10:35 AM, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't think they will change it. It seems Tekken 7 and SFV were
developed were the same mindset - nerf the "cheap" stuff that beginner
players find hard to learn and to overcome. Pushback in Tekken 7 was also
nerfed, just like SFV. Movement was nerfed. Just like SFV. The only
difference is in T7 they basically admitted that the reason for nerfs was
to make it easier for beginners to beat veterans. In SFV they just spun it
like this: "The name of the game is commitment. You need to be confident
that your move will land otherwise you will get punished". It's just the
same nonsense. Anyone who has been playing fighting games for a while
knows why this is a terrible idea.

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 10:25 AM, richard moorcroft <
greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hahahahaa,, they can improve stuff in SFV still,, there is time left,, so
there is still hope
On Jul 27, 2015 10:15 AM, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I kinda put my finger on what I don't like about SFV, besides the crappy
movement and terrible range. There is virtually no pushback on block any
more. You can no longer safely use projectiles as a poking tools. Sweeps
are unsafe even if blocked at max distance. The philosophy about
"commitment" is just an excuse to cover up the same old story we've seen
countless times - the progressive nerfing of movement and normals.

Congratulations LB, you finally got the game you wanted. I will no
longer be able to beat you by sweeping you to death. Well, I'd probably
still be able to do it. It will just be as boring for me to win with it as
it is for you to die from it.