Re: Cape Town Showdown is coming!

  • From: Stephen Scheidel <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 09:18:06 +0200

I liked Sade before ever hearing Doom but then I find he samples her quite
a bit.
So he is a fan himself.
Sampling/looping gets a bad rep from the poorly thought out target marketed
stuff.

http://www.whosampled.com/Quasimoto/Return-of-the-Loop-Digga/samples/
https://youtu.be/LXGieMkeUv0?t=16m6s

On 12 July 2015 at 09:00, Stephen Scheidel <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Like I said dudes ~ http://www.whosampled.com/

On 10 July 2015 at 21:54, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I only manage to recognise the occasional sound samples.
Look up "love the way you feel" (don;t know the artist) and "like the way
you move" bu Speakerboxx and the Love Below.
lolworthy.

I got half a riff in my head from a techno track that I'm struggeling to
remember.
Uses a Queen sample sped up.
I thought Andre 3000 was doing the lyrivs, but f'd if I cant remember.
On 10 Jul 2015 21:47, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeah I mean the guy even nailed the send effects. I spent so much time
in Reason, Fruity Loops and various trackers but I could never even get a
bassline to sound right. Some people have remarkable talent for stuff like
this.

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 9:37 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <
nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Oh wow dude. Impressive vid.
On 10 Jul 2015 21:22, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Haven't taken it seriously for years. Someone did the same for trance
about 8 years ago.

That video is really good though.

But this is fantastic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU5Dn-WaElI

Blows my mind how they did this back then with just basic samplers and
no fancy equipment.

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 9:19 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <
nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

After watching this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKnxcvNqrCo
...I can't take most "music" seriously anymore.
On 10 Jul 2015 21:06, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Haha, I just took a proper (if you can call it that) listen to Chris
Brown & Tyga - Bitches n Marijuana

*T-ballin', globetrotterGot a bunch of pre-rolls and a gold
lighterThink you on fire? You gon' need more fireI tell her that's *

*all you get like Street Fighter*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWflQP8yL3o

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 7:47 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Birdie confirmed to be top tier...since Manase only plays top tier
characters lolz

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 7:28 PM, Manase Zote <bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Birdie interests me the most atm.
On 10 Jul 2015 18:54, "Nicholas Robertson-Muir" <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Looks are "meh" for some.
I think Bison, Cammy and Birdie look cool, and I don't even
appreciate Birdie's look all that much.
On 10 Jul 2015 18:16, "Di Lhong" <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

so vulgar.

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 5:55 PM, richard moorcroft <
greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I like Ken with his normal hair,, here he looks like a piece of
shit
On Jul 10, 2015 5:36 PM, "Ryan Williams" <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

*lol* Was bound to happen sooner or later. Btw, Ken's face is
aids.
On 10 Jul 2015 16:03, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

[image: https://i.imgur.com/XQaPBTc.png]