RE: Cape Town Showdown is coming!

  • From: Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 16:37:54 +0000

Looking good to me...
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 17:28:21 +0200
Subject: Re: Cape Town Showdown is coming!
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Looks really bland and boring to me TBH. It's like doing the Mako missions
from Mass Effect on a squillion planets with no real challege or point. I
really couldn't care any less about the procedural generation aspect of it.

They really need to demo something interesting for a change.

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 5:25 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Wow

https://youtu.be/CLcjvIQJns0
On 7 Jul 2015 17:23, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Wow.

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/618393567447257092

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 4:23 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
They are FINALLY adding a stash for storing items in Witcher 3.

... right after I sold 90% of my items because I had nowhere to store them.

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 3:37 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Well, a hoverboard exists where before we thought that it would be impossible
too.
#grammar.
On 7 Jul 2015 13:25, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Watched an interesting documentary last night called "I know what I saw". This
dude goes around collecting accounts of UFO sightings from credible sources
(physicists, pilots, policemen, government officials etc). Basically you get
the idea that many governments are aware that UFOs exist but refuse to make any
public statements about the matter.

The witnesses tend to speak in precise terms, avoiding any mention of aliens
etc. But they also seem to come to the conclusion that the phenomenon they saw
could not have come from human technology. This is problematic. If you accept
that the technology is beyond our current understanding, then you should also
accept that it's completely possible that the technology does in fact come from
Earth, but perhaps a different time line (ie. the future).

Not that time travel is any more or less realistic than visiting aliens, but
their conclusions are generally not very scientific which leaves me wondering
about whether or not they have an agenda. Basically, are they suffering from
"I want to believe" syndrome?

Worth a watch if you're into this kinda stuff.