Re: CTS community mail

  • From: Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 12:02:15 +0200

One of the reasons they do this is because of how the hitboxes work.  Some
attacks arc from the front of the screen to the back and vice versa, but
because its a 2D game the hitboxes don't take the Z-plane into account.  So
if you have an attack that is partially obscured by the character's body
during its arc, then often the hitboxes don't appear to line up with the
move.  To avoid this they make all attacks look the same whether the
character is facing left or right.