Re: CTS: Community Mail

  • From: Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 12:55:12 +0200

Well there are only 4 characters who've never traditionally used 360
motions so we'll have to wait for the grapplers to confirm.

I think they added a buffer system for links like in USFIV Omega Mode.

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 12:45 PM, sameegh jardine <sameegh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Also read that there are no longer 360 motions are no longer in the game
and that 1f links are easier to perform?

http://shoryuken.com/2015/06/11/going-hands-on-with-street-fighter-v-versatility-has-its-v-benefits/

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 12:39 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Stuff worth knowing about SFV:
- Crouch tech is gone. It now results in a standing throw animation
- Backdashes are throw invincible, but not hit invincible
- Throw breaks push the THROWER back (WTF Capcom?)
- Throw breaks leave both players in range to land a normal
- Throws can be counter-hit (not sure if this is going to stay in this
build)
- Damage is 3S level
- Normals do chip damage
- Only chip damage from Supers can kill
- Walk speeds still suck

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 12:36 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Yes.

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 12:23 PM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

isn't RF an old vanilla sagat player?

------------------------------
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 12:21:48 +0200
Subject: Re: CTS: Community Mail
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

RF plays ChrisG's team. Unless he changed.

Cho plays Mag/Doom/Vergil

Cross plays Zero/Strange/Dante

Nemo switched over to the Dark Side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPn0p253lNo&feature=youtu.be

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 12:12 PM, sameegh jardine <sameegh@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

lol, Japan are the definite underdogs here.

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 12:09 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

The Japanse MvC3 gods wanna challenge the US MvC3 gods for $2k

Nemo, Cross, RF, Chou vs JWong, ChrisG, FChamp, Cloud805 (??)

My money is on USA.

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

*lol*
On 12 Jun 2015 11:55, "Manase Zote" <bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Tekken + Streets of Rage =

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3JalNdZzcw

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 11:33 AM, lindsey kiviets <
lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

qcfqcfD wake up :(

------------------------------
From: paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 09:20:39 +0000

7-1

------------------------------
From: lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 08:51:04 +0000

im going to bop venom and ino.

no wakeup options ftw against millia.

------------------------------
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 10:49:08 +0200
From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

*lol* Not so great against l-No :P She shuts down alot of what he can
do from range, so l never really got the chance to set up. It's just
another matchup to learn, l suppose. Played quite a few sets against Nic
and Paas so l have a relatively good idea of how to fight Elphelt, Axl and
Pot now. Still need some Sol, Millia and Ramlethal xp in addition to I-No
but it'll be a fun ride :)

I hear you. It's not the biggest roster and one will feel the need to
experiment after a while. Having a pocket character doesn't hurt either.

Regarding tomorrow, l could run tournies for Xrd and MKX depending on
what guys want. Alternatively, casual FT3 sets aplenty :)
On 12 Jun 2015 10:38, "sameegh jardine" <sameegh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Haha, thanks - that's probably the right attitude to have, lol. Your
Venom is looking nice btw dude, once you get some matchup exp and some more
setups it should make for some very entertaining games.

I enjoy everything about Ino as a character but I do want another
character so mix things up a bit too. Zato seems interesting enough so I'll
see how it goes.

Btw, what's the plan for tomorrow? I'm guessing there's probably a MKX
tourney somewhere in the mix?

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 10:25 AM, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Join the club *lol*

I think all the bodying will be worth it in the end if you legitimately
enjoy playing the character. Venom has made Xrd fun for me again :P

Just take it slow and don't try to learn too much at once. Zato's stuff
(imo) isn't all that hard to get to grips with if you take your time. I
used to think Venom was unnecessarily complex and that l wouldn't be able
to do half of the stuff l saw in matches, until l actually started playing
him *lol* Things definitely start to make sense after a while. All you need
after that is matchup xp.
On 12 Jun 2015 10:01, "sameegh jardine" <sameegh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeah I suspect I'm probably going to get bodied hard while trying to
learn him. Juri has some negative edge stuff (holding in buttons while
playing etc.) so I"m hoping some of that helps a bit, probably not :P

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 9:55 AM, Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

The initial hurdle to get used to his shit is pretty damn high.

Gave him a test run in #R but I couldnt be bothered for that much
effort.
Negative edge fucks with my brain

------------------------------
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 09:46:52 +0200
From: sameegh@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I started messing with Zato for a bit yesterday. He seems a bit
overwhelming initially, looks like there are so many things you need to
manage and be aware of to play him correctly. I guess I'll start with
trying to learn how to use his normals and special attacks and getting
comfortable with the way in which he's supposed to approach and retreat.
The unblockable stuff can wait until I actually know what's going on with
this damn character :P

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 9:35 AM, sameegh jardine <sameegh@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Yeah I'm also okay with most of what I see so far. I wasn't blown away
by SF4 visually so maybe the bar's not all that high for me.

Thinking about it, most next gen games aren't really that much better
than last gen from a visual perspective (yet) based on what I've seen and
played so far.

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 7:50 AM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <
nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I also like the look.
Don't hate much of the rest either tbh.
On 12 Jun 2015 07:11, "Stephen Scheidel" <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Oh.
Except for the char portraits ~ shit looks like placeholders.

On 12 June 2015 at 07:10, Stephen Scheidel <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

My 2c says that the art style is looking 500% better than SF4.

I just hope these N64 Mario ass stars get taken out ~ goofy and out of
place.

Otherwise this still shot is pure art and I love it.

On 12 June 2015 at 06:26, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icUMgHT4LqY

too good.
------------------------------
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 22:50:52 +0200
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bits of Rugal sewn into Nash.
On 11 Jun 2015 19:31, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Did anyone else catch the Final Fight trio on the London stage?

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 6:46 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On the plus side, Capcom's new netcode is called KAGEMUSHA!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kagemusha

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 6:32 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Too much hitstop. Everyone still has terrible walkspeeds. Only 4
characters in and 3 of them already crap on zoning.

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 6:27 PM, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Still not feeling it...

I really want this game to be good but... something is definitely still
missing. It still looks kinda clunky and l'm not sold on the animations :(

Won't be able to judge gameplay until l actually get my hands on it,
but if this is the direction they're going with this visually and it ends
up being fun to play, l suppose l'll still give it a shot. I should
probably just make peace with the fact that we'll never see a proper
"street fighter" game again. What l'm seeing right now doesn't convince me
otherwise.
On 11 Jun 2015 18:08, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfrSKt5b-50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTas1o3gz5Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiIfrCNNhxM

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 5:50 PM, Donaldson, Alasdair <
alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Are those two mutually exclusive?

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 13:25:56 +0200
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx><mailto:
nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx><mailto:
cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

we need more Guile.

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 1:06 PM, Ashraf Barendse <
ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx><mailto:
ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx>>> wrote:
Rose is also a good choice.

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 12:25 PM, Stephen Scheidel <
gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx><mailto:
gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx>>> wrote:
Haha.
We could vibe with these guys.

On Thursday, 11 June 2015, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:
ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx><mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>>>
wrote:
Lol @ this conversation between Haitani and Dogura about MvC3:

https://twitter.com/maneater_dgr/status/606667515104624640

Haitani "So, that character, Nemo-san is using... Dr. Strange, right?"
Dogura "Yea."
Haitani "That guy comes in just to do an infinite. After the infinite,
he goes back home."
Dogura "Yea."
Haitani "The dude is like Sako-san."
Dogura "Yea."

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail
by anyone else is unauthorized. If you have received this communication in
error, please address with the subject heading "Received in error," send to
the original sender, then delete the e-mail and destroy any copies of it.
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any opinions or advice contained in this
e-mail are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing
KPMG client engagement letter. Opinions, conclusions and other information
in this e-mail and any attachments that do not relate to the official
business of the firm are neither given nor endorsed by it.

KPMG cannot guarantee that e-mail communications are secure or
error-free, as information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost,
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.

International") on behalf of the local KPMG member firm providing services
to you. KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International") is a Swiss
entity that serves as a coordinating entity for a network of independent
firms operating under the KPMG name. KPMG International provides no
services to clients. Each member firm of KPMG International is a legally
distinct and separate entity and each describes itself as such.
Information about the structure and jurisdiction of your local KPMG member
firm can be obtained from your KPMG representative.

You are subscribed to the Cape Town Fighting Game Community mailing
list.

//www.freelists.org/list/cpt-fgc

JPEG image