[CPT-FGC] Re: [CPT-RPG] Re: Stuff off

  • From: Wynand-Ben Viljoen <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 10:33:24 +0000

Chimera is not on duty finder so you need to find a 8man group manually.

When you do your relic weapon quest the guy tells you to go beat Chimera.

Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 12:28:43 +0200
Subject: [CPT-FGC] Re: [CPT-RPG] Re: Stuff off
From: euraima@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Where do you get chimera? Only thing I dislike about set focus is it gives this
crappy view.
On 30 Oct 2013 12:14, "Donaldson, Alasdair" <alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Our equip still isn’t good enough for AK.  I’ve only got 2 darklight items
equipped. One more run and I can buy the next item. Still need a few more.

Also where the hell are the mage drops in WP? In the three runs yesterday 1
belt dropped. The rest were DoW things. Sigh.

I suppose I should also look at spiritbonding random crap to make material to
sell.

Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 10:07:22 +0000

Paas was checking the logs for the time on the runs. We’re shaving time off
every time we run. We’re down by 30% from our first hour
 long runs. Still some improvement to go, but we should be able to get it to
near on 30min.

@LB – send me your crappy Adamantoise shell stuff and I’ll make you the
earrings. Hopefully they’ll come out HQ again.

After I hit 50 on my botanist, I’m going to take a break from
crafting/gathering and maybe see about levelling up my blm/whm/drg.

I’ve now got quite a bit of high level equip for the drg. Gonna have to farm
fates to shift his level though and that might be a
 bit of an irritation.

Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 09:35:23 +0000

Buff is on boss.

I’ve never bothered to pay attention.

Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 09:31:32 +0000

Just don’t let the rancor build up too far. When it hits a certain level, stop
killing the adds.

Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 08:48:57 +0000

Tonberry King fight (written by pld player):

This is a great time to start to familiarize yourself with focus targets.
Everyone should set the king as focus (shift
 + f). This lets you see the stacks of Rancor as well as when he is casting
"Everybody's Grudge".

(((Phase 1)))

Tonberry waves will come out in ever increasing amounts. 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 etc.

The key is to make sure some of the tonberries die before each grudge, but not
too many. "Everybody's Grudge" is not
 mitigatable (sometime is mitigating it slightly, maybe shield oath? But
sentry, and even hollowed ground does NOT mitigate it)

Tank the boss right in the middle. Adds will not aggro until they reach the
king (or another active tonberry) or are
 attacked.

THERE IS AN ANTI-KITE

We found the best bet was to just have everyone stand near the tank and do what
they needed to do. If you have aggro
 and you try to move around you will get repeatedly blasted by purple shit
until you stop. NO KITING.

With 2 ranged, they just stood their ground and killed what they needed to
kill. The King doesn't seem to AOE.

Boss does 1000 damage per tonberry killed per grudge. I have 4400 hp, so I can
comfortably take up to 3 tonberries per
 grudge. Grudge resets rancor.
DPS watch the focus window to see how many stacks of rancor he has so you know
how many tonberries you can kill.

Healer watch for the cast bar on your focus window so you know when to drop a
big heal.

Tank, use some mitigation BEFORE the grudge to make sure your healer can
comfortably top you off before it hits. I alternate
 between rampart and sentinel as needed before each grudge so I always have at
least 1400hp left after the hit.

(((Phase 2)))

Big tonberry's will slowly walk to the center. Ignore them and nuke. This is a
DPS race. There may be some small tonberry's
 left. I don't know if he still grudges at this point. If there are too many,
may be worth killing off a couple.

Just nuke and win and DON'T MOVE.

Edit: There may be a decent kite strat. I will try and edit when I know more.