[CPT-FGC] Re: [CPT-RPG] Re: Stuff off

  • From: lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 09:12:47 +0000

I don't get this ? so we must let a tonberry come close?

From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [CPT-FGC] Re: [CPT-RPG] Re: Stuff off
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 08:48:57 +0000

Tonberry King fight (written by pld player):

This is a great time to start to familiarize yourself with focus targets.
Everyone should set the king as focus (shift + f). This lets you see
 the stacks of Rancor as well as when he is casting "Everybody's Grudge".

(((Phase 1)))
Tonberry waves will come out in ever increasing amounts. 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 etc.

The key is to make sure some of the tonberries die before each grudge, but not
too many. "Everybody's Grudge" is not mitigatable (sometime is
 mitigating it slightly, maybe shield oath? But sentry, and even hollowed
ground does NOT mitigate it)

Tank the boss right in the middle. Adds will not aggro until they reach the
king (or another active tonberry) or are attacked.

THERE IS AN ANTI-KITE

We found the best bet was to just have everyone stand near the tank and do what
they needed to do. If you have aggro and you try to move around
 you will get repeatedly blasted by purple shit until you stop. NO KITING.

With 2 ranged, they just stood their ground and killed what they needed to
kill. The King doesn't seem to AOE.

Boss does 1000 damage per tonberry killed per grudge. I have 4400 hp, so I can
comfortably take up to 3 tonberries per grudge. Grudge resets
 rancor.
DPS watch the focus window to see how many stacks of rancor he has so you know
how many tonberries you can kill.
Healer watch for the cast bar on your focus window so you know when to drop a
big heal.

Tank, use some mitigation BEFORE the grudge to make sure your healer can
comfortably top you off before it hits. I alternate between rampart
 and sentinel as needed before each grudge so I always have at least 1400hp
left after the hit.

(((Phase 2)))
Big tonberry's will slowly walk to the center. Ignore them and nuke. This is a
DPS race. There may be some small tonberry's left. I don't know
 if he still grudges at this point. If there are too many, may be worth killing
off a couple.

Just nuke and win and DON'T MOVE.

Edit: There may be a decent kite strat. I will try and edit when I know more.