RE: [CPT-FGC] Re: Hi

  • From: lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 05:23:26 +0000

if the pc doesn't go on at all , just take out the gfx card and see if the pc
runs then. if it doesn't then you know you gfx card need to be replaced.

I think its time , replacing gfx card every 6 years is goot.

Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 07:10:18 +0200
Subject: Re: [CPT-FGC] Re: Hi
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Matrix 6 years ago.
On 30 Jan 2014 01:02, "G B" <sigma.g19@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

6k? What is you rig or where are you buying your parts?

I haven't paid more than 3k for my pc upgrades and I only upgrade once every...
5 years or so.

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 10:57 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

The most likely culprit is the power supply itself.

There is another possibility... booting up in Linux a diagnostic splash screen
appeared. Usually that only happens when something is about to die.

There was a "display" somthingorother fail.

So it may well be graphics card.
6k console plays kof just fine.

6k pc starts to chug to a standstill. (Not counting dvd drive and casing)... on
windowed mode, with background animation off.
Sigh.
On 29 Jan 2014 22:11, "G B" <sigma.g19@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Not sure how that one works, Nic.

Well, as "Indian Call Centre Consultant" as "turn it off and on" again sounds,
that would actually be a good start. Give the pc a restart to see if the
problem persists.

If you game for a while again and it does that, then your PSU may be too weak
for prolonged gaming (which is kinda weird... that should happen from the
beginning.. I don't know if a card draws more power the longer it is being
used, but I suppose it also depends on how you are using it).

Or you graphics card could be faulty.

Or a myriad of other reasons. LOL. Sorry, just trying to pinpoint the error.

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 10:03 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Nope.

What good w ould that do?