RE: [CPT-FGC] Re: Hi

  • From: "Donaldson, Alasdair" <alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 11:21:44 +0000

Got Haukke on roulette. The music is uh, quite different.

From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 11:18:26 +0000
I don't recall, have you run the new Haukke, Paas? It's...fun.

From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 11:09:42 +0000
Man, Titan on DF is a joke. Played with a bunch of people using low level gear.
We couldn't get past the heart, despite everyone being alive through the whole
phase. Then you get comments like 'Wow that was so close, we can do this!'
Uh, no. We didn't have the dps to get through the heart phase, we ain't going
to make the fight. Sigh. Stick around for another 2 tries but just gets worse
after that.

Oh, I didn't realise but there is a bug with garuda. I can put the pet on the
edge of the stage. When edge breaks, garuda just parks off past the edge of the
stage. Tumult doesn't extend past the stage size, so garuda takes no damage.
Not a severe exploit or anything, but does save me from casting again at the
start of phase 5.

From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 10:59:20 +0000
So I took a bunch of amvs off Paas' drive and put them on my work laptop. I
figured that I could have them playing in the background while I stuff around
with work. I didn't really think about the content of most amvs... not really
safe for work.

Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 11:31:10 +0200
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I bet people who voted Akuma in ST couldn't even unlock him.  Seth shouldn't
even be on that list.

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Donaldson, Alasdair
<alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
How does Shao Kahn from any incarnation make it? Or Kintaro, or Motaro? They
were all really easy with basic patterns.

From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 12:47:55 +0000
Wow, you got a maki roll up your butt about this stuff or something?

I was recommending the other place because it actually has a sushi chef, not
some random fish chef who knows how to roll salmon roses. As for actual
Japanese sushi, I'd say it is massively better than the stuff we get here. I
dunno, that's just based on the sushi that I ate in Japan.

From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 12:35:15 +0000
Yup, for Westernised sushi, Willoughby is pretty good.

From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 12:29:56 +0000
BTW Tzeitel, if you're looking for a proper sushi place sometime, I'd also
recommend Minato's -
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g312659-d1118597-Reviews-Minato-Cape_Town_Central_Western_Cape.html

The food is excellent, but the service is a little...odd. The waitress (who I
think is the chef's wife) told us that we didn't know what we were doing with
the orders and that she'd just bring whatever the chef decided to make.

I think you might be better off with http://www.capetownmagazine.com/takumi.
Well, better decor anyway.

I dunno if there are any other places in Cape Town where you can actually get a
real sushi chef doing the stuff.