RE: [CPT-FGC] Re: Hi

  • From: Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 12:44:49 +0000

I dont see any purpose in play a FF if not for the story/character...

Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 14:42:32 +0200
Subject: Re: [CPT-FGC] Re: Hi
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

FFXII was the first FF game to get a perfect score from Famitsu.  Not that it
deserved it, but I really don't think it was a bad game.  The seamless battle
system was well done, and the gambit system was interesting and fun, but OP.
On the other hand, people always found ways to power level in every FF.
License system sucked.  The first few hours were boring, but this is often the
case with jRpgs.  As I mentioned before, I really don't care that much for FF's
storylines.  They're all stupid IMO.

I don't think there was anything I liked about FFXIII.  Maybe the graphics.  I
disliked it so much that I only played to the open world segment, and then I
gave the game away.

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 2:32 PM, Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Havent played 12 myself... so cant comment on that.

I disliked FF9...  Only interesting character was Vivi imo.

7,8,10 where all great imo.

13 and its sequels where still decent games imo.  Just not great.

Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 14:19:26 +0200
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Given this, I don't see how I could rate FFXII any worse than let's say
> FFVIII,

Fixed

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 1:57 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think you're being too harsh on the game.  XIII was the worst one for me.

XII environments were some of the best in the series, probably only beaten by
XIV.  On a technical level it was about the same as X.  You can see this if you
upscale both of them via an emulator.  You can't really make one look better
than the other outside visual design.

I have no idea what FFXII was about, but I can't remember X's story either.  I
just know it has something to do with switching between dimensions.  VII was
about Sin.  VIII was about Triple Triad.  I certainly don't remember anything
about XIII except that Lightning is in there and there's a dude with an Afro.

VI was the best.  Best characters, best story.

Given this, I don't see how I could rate FFXII any worse than let's say FFXIII,
which had the most retarded load times, unskippable Summon animations, and
generally bland gameplay except for Triple Triad.  It was that stupid era where
you could drop a dumb goth/emo kid into a story line, kill someone important
and then call it a day.

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 1:44 PM, Donaldson, Alasdair
<alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Graphics? No, the graphics in X were better than XII.

Also the story was horrible. It was imminently forgettable. In fact I have
trouble remembering who the bad guy was. Also I think
 they didn’t know what to do about the main character. It should’ve been that
princess chick, but instead they made a generic and personality free stock guy
– Vaan. Added to that they gave him a pigtailed personality free side kick,
Penelo. What exactly was
 her story? Do you remember anything about her character at all? Do you
remember anything about Vaan’s character at all?

The system was absolutely horrible for an RPG. You needed to assign points so
that your character could equip a hat. Nice. How retarded
 is your character that they don’t know how a hat works. Sigh.

As a fight manager, it wasn’t a bad idea. Set up the parameters, throw the
characters into a fight and just see how it goes. They’d
 already started moving to the point where you didn’t actually have to be
present for the game to progress.

How was the music in 12? I don’t remember that either. Man, was there anything
good in the game? Sigh.

FF12 was the beginning of the end.