RE: [CPT-FGC] Re: Hi

  • From: Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 20:07:43 +0000

I will probably be grabbing it...

:P

Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 22:06:45 +0200
Subject: Re: [CPT-FGC] Re: Hi
From: gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just you.

On 11 February 2014 21:10, sameegh jardine <sameegh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So who's getting FF13:Lightning returns?

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 8:13 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Thank goodness I'm not an experienced player.

I just read Ilitirit's mind, and then Ultra.
On 11 Feb 2014 19:56, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Because experienced players know when and when not to backdash.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 5:58 PM, G B <sigma.g19@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That option select nonsense... ugh. I used them for a week but I never once got
a free hit. Stopped using it since.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 5:57 PM, G B <sigma.g19@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeah. I think some of it is also attributed to me thinking that SF is so
knockdown-setup/unblockable based that... its all I look for. Well, at least
what I look for from my opponent, because I don't know any real setups aside
from jump in with hp (which works, LOL).

From what you've told me about playing Sakura, the only things I kept was 'use
st.hk as a poke', 'ex tatsu -> ultra 1',  'uryo knockdown setup' and 'cr.hp if
they jump'. I'd say 'don't jump' but LOL, I still do that without even thinking
about it, :-).

...and basically, that is all I need to win matches. or its least, to put up a
fight. The rest of the stuff I react to as we play. That's why I'm 'twitchy',
especially when the game is slow. That's when the random tatsus come out or I
start jumping, etc, the game can start picking up again, to the pace I
like/used to play at.

I will say that dealing with these many hard knockdown's and ambiguity of
jump-in moves is probably the biggest challenge I've had to face in SF. In KOF,
getting a hard knockdown rather is rather rare and obviously, with CD blow
backs and escape rolls, getting a breather is a bit simpler.