RE: [CPT-FGC] Re: Hi

  • From: Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 11:26:16 +0000

Injustice!

From: lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [CPT-FGC] Re: Hi
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 11:19:08 +0000

Im pretty sure you are gna be stuck at doing qcf qcb qcfx2, dp motions.
converting from tekken to sf is being comfortable in doing those motions. Ryu
has all of these motions. once you have gone passed the "how do I do these
motions phase" you can get on your way to playing the game and not focussing on
the controller.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/feb/10/early-entrance-numbers-socal-regionals-2014-game-ssf4-ae-v2012-umvc3-smash-blazblue-and-more/

All the 3d fighters are scoring low numbers, except for injustice, dunno when
that train is gna die. ST is still going strong. If ST was a person it would be
Nick , old but still as fierce as ever. BB is gna be HYPE YALL WOOOOOOOOPPPP.
so glad its getting the attention it deserves.
SoCal Regionals 2014 early registration numbers
Numbers as of February 10, 2014 5:35 p.m. PST

 Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012 - 173
 Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - 105
 Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma - 66
 Injustice: Gods Among Us - 59
 Killer Instinct - 45
 Super Smash Bros. Melee - 36
 King of Fighters 13 - 35
 Street Fighter X Tekken - 34
 Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo - 31
 Divekick - 30
 Persona 4: Arena - 29
 Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - 28
 Guilty Gear Accent Core +R - 25
 Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate - 21
 Mortal Kombat 9 - 21
 Skullgirls - 21
 Soul Calibur 2 HD - 18
 Soul Calibur 5 - 18
 Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme: Vs Full Boost - 17
 Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown - 13

From: numotd@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 13:01:48 +0200
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ah ok. No doubt on Ryu. But he's the cover boy for the game lolz

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 12:56 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ryu's not actually a "simple" character.  He's just easy to learn the game with
because you're forced to learn everything to use him effectively.

Boxer, Guile and Honda are more simple because they have movesets with less
risk attached (Dash Punch, Sonic Boom, Head butt) so you don't have to worry so
much about how and when to use these moves, and what your alternatives are when
your opponent can shut these moves down.

On the other hand, Ryu's fireball is only safe in certain situations.  Learning
to throw fireballs with Ryu is deceptively hard.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 12:48 PM, Di Lhong <numotd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

ryu can suck it. too mainstream lolz if you notice my characters in every
fighting game is either characters that nobody plays, chinese or they have
tits...haha best would be a combination of 3 XD oh and Capos :)

but yes i know that ryu is pretty straight forward and probably the best to
start out with for a new player. But meh, i'll take my chances with the
characters i find interesting. I mean i didn't start tekken with mishimas or
Asuka. I went for Capos, Julia, Nina/Anna, Raven, Yoshi and all the weirdos.
Still don't know how to play mishimas and do ewgf haha can do "turtle ho"
tho...aka slow ass f~d~df+2...fuck just frame.

thanks for all the input. i've been reading lots but now i just need to put it
into execution :)

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 12:37 PM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

not all shotos are eay to play.

ryu is best to start with.

From: paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 10:34:04 +0000

Fuck that shit

Was also told to start with a shoto.  Tried it and hated it.  Fuck all shotos.

Just play who you like

From: lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 10:28:22 +0000

Di when learning sf4 , pickup ryu. best advice I can give you.

I didn't like the game at al , but after I played with ryu for a lengthy period
the game started to make sense. Chojin beat the living cwap outa me with his
ryu , it forced me to level and learn the game.

Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 12:22:21 +0200
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Probably Yun.  You'll need a bit of practice for his Genei Jin combos but they
are pretty straight forward.  No fireballs though.

Juri is one of the best zoners in the game, but her projectile storing mechanic
takes a long time to get used to.  Doesn't have a DP for anti-air, but has one
of the best anti-air normals in the game.

Dhalsim is quite simple to learn and very effective but his playstyle is
unique.  His ground game is probably the least like Ryus.  No DP, but you can't
really jump on him.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Di Lhong <numotd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Quick question, who in this list is "easy" to play (as in easy combo and simple
mechanic/fighting philosophy eg. ryu? fireball projectile and zoning, shoryuken
for anti air, etc)

Juri, El Fuerte, Yun, Dhalsim?
El Fuerte looks a bit complicated with his infinite combo :/ but i won't know
until i try it out. Yun looks pretty straight forward. While i had some
practice with Juri, so i kindda know her movelist.

Gonna start SF4 :) while i wait for Elena.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 11:29 AM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

doubt it , MS is too cheap.

they didn't even fyt for DH when they got bought out.

From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 09:21:01 +0000

Well Tekken just isn't hype. Too few entries.
I wonder if MS paid for KI to be there, like Warner Bros did with MK and
Injustice.

Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 10:41:17 +0200

From: bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree with SAP, MM is a douch...
On 10 Feb 2014 13:29, "Donaldson, Alasdair" <alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I remember him getting into a fight on TZ with Aken.

It was quite funny with MM claiming that Aken didn’t know how to play Kaz.
Right…