Re: [CPT-FGC] Re: Hi

  • From: Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 14:15:10 +0200

I'm not happy about the changes in USFIV.  The game is going to become slow
and boring.

Because of low pushback + low blockstun + easy inputs + easy reversal, it's
super risky to go for ground pressure.  So everyone just goes for ambiguous
x-up oki/unblockables on wakeup.  This made throws and sweeps relevant
because they lead to hard knockdowns.  But the downside was that it only
benefited characters with strong x-ups and knockdown setups.

To remedy that, Capcom added delayed wakeup.  But they didn't buff
alternate methods of pressuring the opponent!  So how are you supposed to
score damage now?  Have they not learned anything from SFxT?

On top of that, they inexplicably nerfed hard techniques for scoring hard
knockdowns.  For example, Gen now needs to spend meter to get a hard
knockdown.  Why?  They're mostly useless now because of delayed wake up.
Gief's EX Greenhand was buffed so that it knocked down like in Vanilla and
Super, but they reverted the buff.  Why?

It just seems that their changes are meaningless except for a handful of
characters who don't rely on hard knockdowns.