Re: [CPT-FGC] Re: Hi

  • From: Di Lhong <numotd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 13:18:33 +0200

Imagine Bob is the only character you know how to play and you don't bother
to play ANYONE else at all...and they nerf him from a no brainer to
something you have to play with wavedashing and hitconfirming...instead of
d+1 ftw...it will put off some people. And with many more fighting games
being released...why would someone play a character that's much more
difficult now than BR unless they're a hardcore player.

Arcade scene plays a BIG part. Not sure about SF4 or MvC history. But the
arcade scene kept Tekken alive. Because nobody wants to play on a shitty
online server with tekken. Even with 1-2 frame lags...cos it effects the
game greatly. Not sure if it would be the same with MvC or SF. I can't
speak for MvC or SF. But console tekken will not be as active as arcade
tekken. Look at here for example...we barely play tekken (play 4 times a
week is still little compare to the arcade scene where it's 24 7..) Also
with 0 hope of defeating the koreans or japs...the west might have just
given up on the game...they're probably thinking what's the point...sure
fucking around with the game every now and then is fine...but to spend all
your time and dedication on it just to be beaten by the east? lost of
moral? Naps was scared shitless to even press a button at the world
tournament...they didn't even bother talking about him when he lost :/
America is a place of high ego...you take that out of them, they'll just
move on to something else...I mean look evo last year when bronson was up
against knee (i think)...NOBODY cheered for knee there...when bronson lands
and launcher they go wild...but when knee does...quiet...

All they have is consoles and no top players in the east play consoles...so
they're king in america against other scrubby players...but when it comes
to worldwide skills? they still tag like a crazy man eating free
launches...while the east is pulling off raw tag that can block (fuck you
Alisa and Miguel)

So my point of view is no arcade to keep the ranking scene interesting and
they just gave up cos they can't beat anyone else but themselves...fuck
look at europe, on their tournament promotional vid...they wrote, No
Asians. lolz