Re: [CPT-FGC] Re: Hi

  • From: Di Lhong <numotd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 10:59:10 +0200

SC6 should follow the footsteps in SC5 but add in more characters or bring
back the original cast...a lot of the fans are upset because characters
that they like just disappeared...Setsuka > Alpha Patroklos any day!!! haha

Maybe remove guard dmg...i hate games with guard dmg...i always die from
it. hahaha the one thing that will probably make me quit Tekken is guard
dmg.

SC3 is amazing! Broken as fuck Sophitia is just so rewarding to play XD

Not sure how soul calibur will bounce back into the competitive fighting
game scene tho :/ i think adding removed characters may help? the roster
just doesn't look appealing...people like to identify themselves with
characters...this doesn't help with such little and limited rosters in
SC5...

Lumi made a good point in commentators too. Tournaments in thailand, it's
only the hardcore players who enjoys watching other people play. While
people who have 0 idea about the game they might get bored from seeing
1000000000 df+1. Tekken is not as flashy as 2d games with projectiles and
superpowers. But if you know the in depth version of the game. It's fun to
watch :) It's also not easy to explain what's going on in Tekken because of
the giant roster, movelist and multiple mind games/oki. A good example is,
if you have 0 idea in golf...how entertaining can the game be? it's the
same with video games...people see flashy pictures but how entertaining can
flashy picture last for? and fighting game with no flashy superpowers just
fall flat to the casual public viewers. MK has gore to make things fun to
watch for the casual public. Tekken has what? if you ask people what tekken
is about after they view a few games, they tend to say combos...which is
not the case for the game...combos is part of it, but they will never see
the set ups, mind games, punishment.


On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 10:40 AM, Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Soul Calibur as sucked since SC3 onwards.
>
> They did a good job with SC5 but after sucking for so long a good job is
> not good enough.
> SC with never take off unless they somehow pull of something phenomenal to
> get people interisted again.
>
> ------------------------------
> From: lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: RE: [CPT-FGC] Re: Hi
> Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 08:37:50 +0000
>
>
> and its still failed.
>
> 3d is old news. 2.5d to 2d is the way to go.
>
> ------------------------------
> From: paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: RE: [CPT-FGC] Re: Hi
> Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 08:33:23 +0000
>
> Hopefully the use Tekken vs SF to test the waters a bit with possible
> changes
>
> But yea, they need to dumb the game down somehow.
>
> SC5 needs to be popular lol
> They did a amazing job with that game imo.  Think its the right balance,
> not too many characters, not too many moves etc.  Much easier than tekken
> to get into.
>
> ------------------------------
> From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx
> To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: RE: [CPT-FGC] Re: Hi
> Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 08:26:24 +0000
>
>  You really think the complete failure of a game (TTT2 is dead in the
> West) is simply the result of nerfing one character?
>
>
>
> I have no idea what Namco could do to save the Tekken series. They're
> losing the hardcore players and the game's learning curve means that you're
> not getting enough new players in either. Maybe they just need to reboot
> the series and make some massive changes. The last time they did something
> like that was T4, and while I loved the game, it wasn't exactly loved
> either.
>
>
>
> *From:* cpt-fgc-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cpt-fgc-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> *On Behalf Of *Di Lhong
> *Sent:* 07 February 2014 9:57 AM
> *To:* cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> *Subject:* Re: [CPT-FGC] Re: Hi
>
>
>
> Also in BR...tier list was stupid...if you're low tier vs a top tier
> bob...it's really hard to win...while TTT2 is more balanced out.
>
>
>
> T6BR evo is all about d+1 bob...spammable move all day...take that out?
> they all quit tekken and bitch about how the new TTT2 isn't as fun hahaha
>
>
>
> On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 9:53 AM, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>  Well, when it's best out of 5 format for top 8, it becomes a major
> snorefest.
>
>
>
> On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 9:28 AM, Di Lhong <numotd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>  Tekken not as fun to watch? false. lolz
>
>
>
>
>
> On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 8:28 AM, Donaldson, Alasdair <
> alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>  Looking good. It's sad that Tekken isn't there this year, especially
> since last year was so hype with Bronson running through everyone. TTT2
> just isn't actually that exciting to watch.
>
>
>
> Glad Injustice is still there. KI too.
>
>
>
> Anyways, Nick - any luck on the venue thing for Evo weekend? Uh, you were
> looking around for one, right?
>
>
>
>
>
> *From:* cpt-fgc-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cpt-fgc-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> *On Behalf Of *lindsey kiviets
> *Sent:* 07 February 2014 6:28 AM
> *To:* cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>
> *Subject:* RE: [CPT-FGC] Re: Hi
>
>
>
> http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/feb/06/evo-2014-game-line-be-announced-tonight-iplaywinners-fray-catch-live-stream-here/
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> i agree with most of the line up however , to be fair , KI shouldnt be
> there. its still early days and i doubt they'l be releasing extra 4
> characters befo evo. LOL @ sfxt.
> BB is gna be sooo HYPE. Official EVO 2014 game line up
>
>
> * Ultra Street Fighter 4
> * Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
> * Injustice: Gods Among Us
> * King of Fighters 13
> * Killer Instinct
> * Blazblue Chrono Phantasma
> * Super Smash Bros. Melee (a spot is reserved for Melee but Nintendo must
> approve first. Discussions currently taking place)
>
> *Additional notes:*
>
> * Mr. Wizard stated that after EVO 2013, Tekken has dropped off a bit.
> With this year being the game's 20th anniversary, the EVO team didn't want
> to risk having a new version of Tekken be released, while an outdated
> version is on the game line up, so the franchise was omitted this year.
>
> * Instead of having designated Road to EVO events, major tournaments with
> a certain amount of entrants will qualify for seeding points. Tournament
> organizers of majors events will have to submit results to the EVO team.
> Mr. Wizard mentioned that the system is still being worked out. These
> results will only apply for games on the EVO line up.
>
> * This year is the 20th anniversary of Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo.
> Tournament of Legends will be back this year, and EVO will also be holding
> the 3v3, single elimination tournament, X-Mania US, the national Super
> Turbo event from Japan.
>
> * Exhibition matches aren't currently scheduled, but will be fit into the
> line up if they can get set up. Combo videos will return if the community
> makes them.
>
> * If Kokonoe were to stay the way she is now in Blazblue Chrono Phantasma,
> she would be banned at EVO. She will be allowed however, as a patch to
> balance her is incoming.
>
> * Developer panels will be returning this year.
>
> * Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will be 3 out of 5, as long as EVO doesn't
> have double the entrants as last year. Other games getting 3 out of 5 in
> top 8 will be dependent on how each game plays out.
>
> * Bring Your Own Console will be back this year, and there will be
> designated areas for players who want to run side tournaments.
>  ------------------------------
>
> Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 02:30:34 +0200
> Subject: Re: [CPT-FGC] Re: Hi
> From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
> To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> It's like Capcom and SFIV.  They own the IP, Dimps developed it.
>
>
>
> On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 1:25 AM, Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>  Xrd!
>  ------------------------------
>
> Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 22:05:32 +0200
>
>
> Subject: Re: [CPT-FGC] Re: Hi
>
> From: gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx
> To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>
>
> KI is shit anyway.
>
>
>
> On 6 February 2014 21:26, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> Handing out an Ip means you let go of the reigns.
> Good luck catching the horse again.
>
> On 6 Feb 2014 21:20, "lindsey kiviets" <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>  no , DH are just the developers of the game.
>
> MS asked them to make a fg . they were doing a goodjob and MS didnt like
> that. sigh, now i never get to play it. its probably all downhill from here.
>  ------------------------------
>
> Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 21:16:42 +0200
> Subject: RE: [CPT-FGC] Re: Hi
> From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
> To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Rare owned Killer Instinct, MicroScrotums owned Rare.
> Double Helix now owns Killer Instinct.
> Amazon now owns Double Helix.
>
> Sounds like a planned Coup.
>
> On 6 Feb 2014 20:53, "lindsey kiviets" <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>  MS owns killer instinct. its not coming on ps anytime soon
>  ------------------------------
>
> Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 20:38:29 +0200
> Subject: Re: [CPT-FGC] Re: Hi
> From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
> To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Yeh, I was as surprised as my opponent.
>
> No scrap that, he had the look of someone whose soul had been stolen by
> Shang Tsung.
> Cool guy, would've been neet if he spoke more.
> But then, compared to most, I spout verbal diarrhea like Rufus - That's a
> close 2nd to GB.
>
> I called the whole Killer Instinct "buy out" when the studio was born.
> Not sell on more than just 1 platform?
> That's akin to game programming suicide.  I expect to see the game coming
> to all platforms.  The great Enno has predixiated.
>
> On 6 Feb 2014 20:06, "Jack Steel" <orichih@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Great kof 13 vid.Tht anoaxe goro combo wicked finish.greatness!
> >
>
>
>
>
>     ------------------------------
>
> The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally
> privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail
> by anyone else is unauthorized. If you have received this communication in
> error, please address with the subject heading "Received in error," send to
> the original sender, then delete the e-mail and destroy any copies of it.
> If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
> distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
> is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any opinions or advice contained in this
> e-mail are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing
> KPMG client engagement letter. Opinions, conclusions and other information
> in this e-mail and any attachments that do not relate to the official
> business of the firm are neither given nor endorsed by it.
>
> KPMG cannot guarantee that e-mail communications are secure or error-free,
> as information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed,
> arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.
>
> This email is being sent out by KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG
> International") on behalf of the local KPMG member firm providing services
> to you. KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International") is a Swiss
> entity that serves as a coordinating entity for a network of independent
> firms operating under the KPMG name. KPMG International provides no
> services to clients. Each member firm of KPMG International is a legally
> distinct and separate entity and each describes itself as such. Information
> about the structure and jurisdiction of your local KPMG member firm can be
> obtained from your KPMG representative.
>
> This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been swept by
> AntiVirus software.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>  ------------------------------
> The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally
> privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail
> by anyone else is unauthorized. If you have received this communication in
> error, please address with the subject heading "Received in error," send to
> the original sender, then delete the e-mail and destroy any copies of it.
> If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
> distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
> is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any opinions or advice contained in this
> e-mail are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing
> KPMG client engagement letter. Opinions, conclusions and other information
> in this e-mail and any attachments that do not relate to the official
> business of the firm are neither given nor endorsed by it.
>
> KPMG cannot guarantee that e-mail communications are secure or error-free,
> as information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed,
> arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.
>
> This email is being sent out by KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG
> International") on behalf of the local KPMG member firm providing services
> to you. KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International") is a Swiss
> entity that serves as a coordinating entity for a network of independent
> firms operating under the KPMG name. KPMG International provides no
> services to clients. Each member firm of KPMG International is a legally
> distinct and separate entity and each describes itself as such. Information
> about the structure and jurisdiction of your local KPMG member firm can be
> obtained from your KPMG representative.
>
> This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been swept by
> AntiVirus software.
>

Other related posts: