Re: [CPT-FGC] Re: Hi

  • From: Di Lhong <numotd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 10:24:37 +0200

Personally i prefer watching fighting games that rely on pokes. It's just
so satisfying when you can kill someone with Paul's d+1 and ws 4 hahahaha
or Feng's db+1,2 d+2 etc. Same with SF4. it's mostly about poking and
forcing your opponent to do what you want them to do. eg. In tekken,
trapping your opponent with generic df+1 forces them to stand, not to SS
the way your df+1 tracks and if you know all your character's frame...you
know you're at -1~-3. Which limit the options on what your opponent can
really do. If you don't poke and try to launch or do hard hitting
punishable moves...you're putting yourself in your opponent's game. Because
they might retaliate with their pressure and if you don't know the match
up, you might struggle to get out of the pressure and do something stupid
and very punishable. Eg. Desperate lars does random uf+3 to get out of df+1
pressure and doesn't pay off...punishment is fun :) it's not ALL about
punishing the right frames...it's also about punishing your opponent for
something stupid they do too...wiff punishment, ducking mid high strings
etc.

SC5 falls in the same as tekken but more pokes than combos...long combos
are worthless haha ground/wake up game in tekken is VERY important and
something people tend to ignore...but in SC5 you NEED to learn wake
ups/ground game.

MK9 is pretty similar to tekken when it comes to pressure and punishing
your opponent. But the tier list impacts the game too much to make it
"fun/fair" to watch...Kabal vs Sheeva...it's already given who will win lolz

Not too sure about MvC in poking but most of the time i see unstoppable
combos...spamming launchers :/ but i have 0 knowledge of the game so i
won't define it...it's my opinion while i spectate the game. Don't see
pokes as much...unless launchers also counts and pokes in the game?