Re: [CPT-FGC] Re: Hi

  • From: Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 10:10:44 +0200

Yes, they become instant overheads. Kid Buu has the lowest hop (and
probably the best mobility in the game) so it could be used to very
annoying effect with his long-ranged normals. Vegeta covers a lot of ground
with his short hop B (the hitbox on that thing is unbelievable) and can
actually set up a vortex of sorts after knockdown using short hop setups
(becomes even scarier when he has access to his desperation move). Piccolo
can instantly cancel his short hop into dive kick (It would appear that his
dive kick has the best recovery out of all dive kicks in the game). You can
actually cancel it even earlier than I was doing it at the session, so with
practice, it can make him even more mobile than he already is. Vegitto's
short hop covers a lot of ground, so you can set up jump ins after his
qcb+A which is a really powerful projectile. So there are multiple
applications for short hops in this game and it adds another welcome layer
of depth.

Short hops also allow you to avoid projectiles which is really cool. I
don't think it applies to the larger projectiles, but the smaller
projectiles can be avoided with relative ease. Another thing to note (which
is unrelated to short hops but relevant for countering projectiles) is that
the X move is typically used for negating small projectiles. The X moves
seem to be punishable on block.