[corpus_christi_online] Website update

  • From: Matthew Knowlton <Mattknowlton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Corpus Christi Online <corpus_christi_online@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 23:27:23 -0400

Dear friends,

Thanks to John I have succeeded in updating all the textual portions of
the site in preparation for the announcement that we are open this
weekend.  There are a few things, however, which I would like you all to
be aware.

If you have access to the idisk directory you will find two pages in the
blank pages subfolder named "page2" and "page3".  These pages are not
linked nor should they be linked to any of the site which the public may
navigate through.  These pages are actually blank copies of the 2nd and
3rd pages found in the bulletin section of the site.  Their use and the
updating of the bulletin section should go something like what follows:

1)  Copy page2.htm and page3.htm from folder "Week_of_[2]" to
"Week_of_[3]".

2)  Copy page2.htm and page3.htm from folder "Week_of_[1]" to
"Week_of_[2]".

3)  Copy page2.htm and page3.htm from folder "This_Week" to
"Week_of_[1]".

4)  Rename appropriate pages found in folders "This_Week",
"Week_of_[1]", "Week_of_[2]", and "Week_of_[3]" with appropriate dates.

5)  Copy page2.htm and page3.htm from folder "Blank pages" to
"This_Week" and fill in page with appropriate information.

6)  Update main bulletin page with appropriate dates in the links.

The above is a rough approximation of the steps involved with updateing
the bulletin section.  Granted when importing text from Microsoft Word
to Frontpage there is some editing that needs to be done, however, this
is greatly reduced by converting the .doc files recieved from Patti to
.txt files which contain only text.  Once a bulletin is made in the
"This_Week" folder it is a simple matter of cycling it through the other
folders in the appropriate order and the update is complete.  If you
encounter any error messages with reguards to replacing files, these
should be ignored and the copy completed.

The other matters that I feel you should be aware and quite frankly I
would like some feedback on is the new design of the calendar pages.  If
you look at the page for May, you will find that there is a table at the
top like the old ones with the dates in the appropriate columns.  These
numbers are bookmarks for text lower in the page.  Please explore this
new design feature as I hope it will ease navigation.  Also, I need a
picture and the name of our new music director to complete the update
for the pastoral staff biographies and the bulletin main pages.

Please have fun and happy navigation.

God Bless

Matt Knowlton
Mattknowlton@xxxxxxxxxxxx