[corpus_christi_online] Website update

  • From: Matthew Knowlton <Mattknowlton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Matthew Knowlton <Mattknowlton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,John Corson <jcorson@xxxxxxxx>,Mike Kaminski <mKaminski@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,Chris Telling <tellingc@xxxxxxx>,Liz Hood <Lizhighonlife@xxxxxxxxxxx>,Corpus Christi Online <corpus_christi_online@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 23:30:48 -0500

I have just updated the website.  I would like it if all who can, can
check out the "Bulletin Single" in comparison to "Bulletin Double".  I
know that these have the same first page, but the "page 2" has a
considerable change between the two.  I would like feedback on which is
better.

Also, if you are recieving this from the new list server, please email
me directly so that I can take you out of my direct email list server.
I don't want to email you the same email twice but I need to know that
this is happening before I can prevent it.  Also if we can all start
using the listserver I think it will make things easier for all of us.

Chris, is there a way to open the board so that others that are not part
of our group can email in but not recieve out?  I am thinking that we
could use this, if it is possible instead of the private email links to
myself and John at the bottom of several of the pages.  This would make
it so that if a user had a problem, instead of reaching only one or two
of us, all of us would immediately be notified of the problem or
concern, this by the way is what those emails are for.  Others can
comment as well to the listserver on this topic.  The input would be
greatly appreciated.

I have also come up with an idea that I would like to bounce off
everybody for when we go public.

It might be easier if we all had a specific area of the website that we
personally were (kind of) in charge of updating.  For example:

Person in Charge        Section

Matt                           Homepage / History / About Us
Chris                          Parish Organizations
Liz                             Links
John                          Bulletin (Since you have the best access
to the files that Patti
                                     creates for the real bulletin I
believe that it makes the best
                                     sense to have you in charge of this
section.)
Mike                         Site Map

With this suggestion I don't mean to imply that the person assigned or
volunteered for these particular sections would be the only one to
update that particular section, but would be the primary person for
updates of that section.  Any one of us could update any part of the
site.  Also, you might notice that the Calendar is left out of the list
above.  This is because the calendar section is so big (by far the
biggest part of the site right now) that I believe it should be a shared
duty among all of the administrators (that would be us).

Remember, this is just an idea that I have been pondering for the past
month or so.  Nothing is final.

John, I do not believe that we are ready to go public yet.  I think we
need to figure out some of these logistics first.  I will also be
emailing Joyce Swallow portions of this email so that she can also
provide me input on the issue of the bulletin.  I will forward any
replies that I get from her to the board.

Thanks and God Bless

Matt