[corn-you-copia] What Does 'Home' Mean to You?

  • From: "Hap Holly" <hap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <corn-you-copia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 11:40:23 -0600

Happy Thanksgiving!

No doubt you’re familiar with time-worn expressions like: “You can never go
home again”; “Home is where the heart is”; “”a man’s home is his castle”;
and one so familiar this time of year “home for the holidays”. So just what
does “home” mean to you? Is it a physical building or domicile? A cherished
memory, person, event or time?

Welcome to my 2015 Christmas essay contest. Well, it’s not really a contest
as nobody wins *smile*. Having said that, however, everyone on my
Corn-you-copia group list WILL win because my fave 15 written contributions
that are sent to me at <mailto:hap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> hap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
between now and Dec. 15 will be shared with all of you beginning Dec. 16
(one each day) through New Year’s day, the day I will share mine.

When I said you won’t win anything, that’s not necessarily correct. I have
added a musical inducement of sorts. Below is a list of over 100 titles of
songs having to do with “home”, from my 230,000 MP3 music collection I have
been accumulating over the past ten years. When you submit your
1-page-or-less essay about “home”, you can choose one song from those
remaining on this list at time of submission. If your essay is one of the
final 15, I’ll attach your music choice to your essay. If your fave “home”
song doesn’t appear on this list, send me the title&artist of your fave
commercially-released ‘home’ song with your essay. Better yet send me the
actual MP3 and I’ll attached it if you’re one of the final 15. If you don’t
have a preference, I’ll pick one that I like and attach one for you.

Be advised I’m not as concerned about writing style but rather content. Now
don’t dilly dally, you only have until Dec. 15 to get your master piece in!

These titles were copied as they appeared in my ‘database’ so can’t promise
the spelling or formatting is correct.

Hap’s Home Song List

Adel - Hometown Glory.mp3

Alabama - Down Home.mp3

Albert Hammond -
Half a Million Mile from Home.mp3

Amy Grant - Nobody Home.mp3

Andy Williams - Home Lovin' Man.mp3

Animals - Bring It On Home To Me.mp3

Anne Murray - Beginning To Feel Like Home.mp3

Anne Murray - I'LL be Home.mp3

Art Garfunkel - Disney Girls.mp3

Atlanta Rhythm Section - Homesick.mp3

Avalon - I Don't Want to Go.mp3

B. B. King - Ain't Nobody Home.mp3

Bachman-Turner Overdrive - Away From Home.mp3

Bachman-Turner Overdrive - Welcome Home.mp3

Barbara Mandrell - Baby, Come Home.mp3

Barbara Mandrell - Tonight My Baby's Coming Home.mp3

Barenaked Ladies - Home.mp3

Beatles - When I Get Home.mp3

Billy Joel - You're My Home.mp3

Blessid Union Of Souls - Home.mp3

Blind Faith - I Can't Find My Way Home.mp3

Blues Brothers Sweet Home Chicago.mp3

Bob Dylan - Subterranean Homesick Blues.mp3

Bob Marley & The Wailers - I Am going Home.mp3

Bobby Blueblan - I Take It on Home.mp3

BOBBY VINTON - Coming Home Soldier.mp3

Bon Jovi &amp; Jennifer Nettles - Who Says You Cant Go Home.mp3

Bonnie Raitt - Home.mp3

Boston - Let Me Take You Home Tonight.mp3

Bruce Springsteen - My Hometown.mp3

Buffalo River Home.mp3

Buffalo Springfield - On My Way Home.mp3

Candy Dulfer - Home Is Not A House.mp3

Carly Simon - Boys In The Trees.mp3

Carly Simon - Come Back Home.mp3

Carole King - Home Again.mp3

Carole King - Homeless Heart.mp3

Carolyn Arends - Home Fires Burning.mp3

Carpenters - Road Ode.mp3

Catherine MacLellan - The Long Way Home.mp3

Cher - Take Me Home.mp3

Chuck Jackson & Maxine Brown - Daddy's Home.mp3

Clarence Frogman Henry Ain't Got No Home.mp3

Claudia Schmidt - Hip to Be Homeless.mp3

CCR – Looking Out My Back Door

Cliff Richard - Daddy's Home.mp3

Colin Blunstone & Rod Argent - Home.mp3

Crosby, Stills, nash&Young - Our house.mp3

Curtis Stigers - Home Again.mp3

Dan Fogelberg - Long Way Home (Live In The Country).mp3

Dave Clark 5 - Comin Home.mp3

Dave Dudley - Six Days On The Road.mp3

David Foster & Friends - Home.mp3

Dinah Shore - You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To.mp3

Dionne Worwick - Take The Short Way Home.mp3

Dolly Parton - Tennessee Homesick Blues.mp3

Eddie Money - Take Me Home Tonight.mp3

Elton John - Country Comfort.mp3

Faith Evans - Soon As I Get Home.mp3

Fats Domino - I Want to Walk You Home.mp3

Foreigner - Long, Long Way From Home.mp3

Halo - Home.mp3

Heart - The Road Home [Edit].mp3

Ian Tyson - Home on the Range.mp3

James Taylor - Isn't It Nice To Be Home Again.mp3

Jerry Lee Lewis - Home Away From Home.mp3

Jim Croce - New York's Not My Home.mp3

John Denver - Back Home Again.mp3

John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads.mp3

John Fogerty - Back Home Again.mp3

John Hayett - Buffalo River Home.mp3

John Mayer - Home life.mp3

Josh Grobin - Home To Stay.mp3

Judy Collins - My Father.mp3

Katharine McPhee - Home.mp3

Kenny Loggins - Celebrate Me Home.mp3

Kenny Loggins - Your Heart Will Lead You Home (From 'The Tigger Movie').mp3

Kenny Rogers - Puttin' In Overtime At Home.mp3

King Curtis - Take The Last Train Home.mp3

Kraftwerk - Home Computer.mp3

Linda Ronstadt - Feels Like Home.mp3

Little Big Town - Bring It on Home.mp3

Little River Band - Home On Monday.mp3

Lolita - Sailor (Your Home Is The Sea).mp3

Lost Highway - November Rain (2002).mp3

Love Will Be Our Home.mp3

Lovin' Spoonful - Darling Be Home Soon.mp3

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama.mp3

Mark Knoffler - Feel Like Going Home.mp3

Maroon 5 - Won't Go Home Without You.mp3

Mary Chapin Carpenter - Another Home.mp3

Mel Torme - Comin' Home Baby.mp3

Michael Bublé - Home.mp3

Michael Martin Murphey - Radio Land.mp3

Miranda Lambert - The House That Built Me.mp3

Misty River - Homegrown Tomatoes.mp3

Monarchs - Look Homeward Angel.mp3

Moody Blues - You Can Never Go Home.mp3

Natg King Coe - Walkin' My Baby Back Home.mp3

Neil Diamond - Brooklyn Roads.mp3

Patti Page - Go On Home.mp3

Patty Griffin - Long Ride Home.mp3

Paul & Linda McCartney - Eat at Home.mp3

Perry Como - A House is Not a Home.mp3

Phil Collins - Take Me Home.mp3

Rachel Lampa - Always Be My Home.mp3

Randy Newman - I'll Be Home.mp3

Rascal Flatts - A_Little_Home.mp3

Red Sovine - 18 Wheels A Hummin' Home Sweet Home.mp3

REO Speedwagon - Find Your Own Way Home.mp3

Ricky Nelson - Down Home.mp3

Ronnie Milsap - She Keeps The Home Fires Burning.mp3

Sam Cooke - Bring It On Home To Me.mp3

Seals & Crofts - Summer Breeze.mp3

Shawn Colvin - Home.mp3

Shep and the Limelight’s - Daddy's Home.mp3

Simon and Garfunkel - Homeward Bound.mp3

Steely Dan - Home at Last.mp3

Supertramp - Take The Long Way Home.mp3

Suzy Bogguss - I'm At Home On The Range.mp3

Sweet Home Chicago, 1990, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Buddy Guy,
Jimmie Vaughan, Robert Cray.mp3

The Blues Brothers - Sweet Home Chicago.mp3

The Eagles - Please Come Home for Christmas.mp3

The Flamingos I'll Be Home.mp3

The Nodding Hillbillies - Feel Like Going Home.mp3

The Shirelles - Welcome Home Baby.mp3

Webb Pierce - There's A Better Home.mp3

Wendy Waldman - Letter Home.mp3