[corkbiomakerspace] Forma Un-Conference, 2PM Saturday

  • From: Cathal Garvey <cathalgarvey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: corkbiomakerspace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, diybio-ireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 23:03:28 +0000

Hi friends,
Just a reminder that we're plotting to host an Unconference the day after the conference, Saturday, and the time we're planning is 2PM although I and others will likely be trolling around and setting up projectors earlier than that. The location of Forma is "Grattan House", a peculiar one-story building to be found here at the junction of Shear Street and Grattan Street:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/51.89829/-8.47957

The point of an Unconference is to encourage people to "show and tell" and to have a good chat in inspiring company; if you have something you're working on that a bunch of bio-inspired geeks would like to see, you can use our laptop/projector if you've slides and give us your spiel as casually or professionally as you please!

We *ought* to have decent internet for the first time tomorrow in Grattan House, courtesy of Cork Internet Exchange, though whether we'll have Wifi connected to that internet or not is an uncertain thing.

We'll have some tasty finger-food courtesy of Ur-Member Steve and possibly more paid for out of our unspecified "social budget" if we get enough RSVPs, but we might not have many physical chairs. Manage expectations! :)

Looking forward to seeing ye there, and (dons shameless promotion hat) at the Synbio Future conference tomorrow:
https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/synbio-future-the-present-and-future-of-biodesign-tickets-15999086699

Best,
Cathal

--
Scientific Director, IndieBio Irish Programme
 Got a biology-inspired business idea that $50,000 -

List homepage: //www.freelists.org/list/corkbiomakerspace
Please keep this list for local discussion only. To discuss DIYbio in general,
please use the diybio.org / diybio.eu mailing lists, or the diybio-ireland
Googlegroup.