[corkbiomakerspace] Re: Cork Biomakerspace / Fórma build-in

  • From: Cathal Garvey <cathalgarvey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: corkbiomakerspace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 00:29:49 +0100

The news: We got keys and are authorised to conduct an "agressive site
survey", while we await final drafts of the lease agreement. In other
words, Steve, Niall and I made a dent in the gardening this afternoon
and started moving stuff over tentatively!

Looking forward to tomorrow, hope we can get a good atmosphere going.
We've got water, disposable food gear, zirtek, and I'll pack a nespresso
for the capsules we got in Lidl. We also have some paint and garden
equipment, and a generator in case we need electricity.

What we're missing, if you can bring it:
* Your own weight in water, because the building's not plumbed; seriously.
* Hand and face wipes, for the reason above.
* Camera, for documenting our process for social media etcetera; this
isn't frivolous, we need to show progress to get people interested and
prove that we're good at keeping a buzz going. So, bring your
smartphones and get snap-happy!
* Hoover for manky carpets
* Speakers, for muzak

I'll aim to be in early, but parenting responsibilities and arranging
transport to child-minding will likely mean I'll be there ~10am. I'll
have to skip off again ~1:00 for more parenting, then back again ~2:30
for a more prolonged span. The jollity can commence and continue without
me, however; talk to Steve and Niall.

Also, if you have donatives or stone-soup-style labware to bring, feel
free! Provided it doesn't need to be sterile, or isn't sensitive to
dust, because we've got to iron all that out.

Finally, if you only have time to call in and say hi, then do that! Ye
should all have a chance to see what we're working with first-hand.
You'll be impressed, I think; this building is big enough and
interesting enough for our ambitions!

Looking forward,
Cathal