[corewavvoice] Attachment worked too

  • From: Steve Thomas <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: corewavvoice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 15:00:11 +0000

Yes that worked too.

I got your reply and agree completely. Even if the website is slow you don't need to use it often and the email forwarding itself works fine and quickly.

It's all a bit of a nightmare right now as I'm in the process of switching broadband suppliers after probably 25 years with BT. That's why I changed email addresses - the free one from BT doesn't allow imap or pop3 clients and I begrudge paying £7.50 a month for email! Setting up our own domain prevents me getting locked in again but when you've used an email from 25 years it's embedded everywhere.

Thanks for setting this up. Great stuff. The sooner we can stop using WhatsApp for everything the better as you can't search it, or at least I've not found a way to do so yet.

Steve

On 18/11/2020 14:54, Steve Thomas wrote:

That worked which is great and the message I received said it came from me to the mailing list, including [corewavvoice] in the Subject.

If I reply from my PC I need to be careful as the default (from my email client which is Thunderbird) is to send the reply back to me personally as the original Sender rather than to the group - I have to hit Reply List to get it to go to everyone. That's worth a warning to people if other clients or phones work in the same way. I'll test it using my Mac next.

I'll include an attachment of my SID analysis spreadsheet to this reply to check that works too.

Steve

On 18/11/2020 14:46, Steve Thomas wrote:

I've managed to join - thanks Trevor.

If this works then the overall method is fine although their website is pretty hopeless. In my own case it's timed out more times than it's worked and is almost unusable. Even when it's worked it's taken a minute or two for the website to load due to their advertisement links not responding. I haven't been able to connect to it at all since I became a member and so I can't change my options. If other non-technical people have to go through that to subscribe then we're going to lose potential members. So I'd suggest using the email method to join assuming that works (I used the website so I haven't been able to test it).

When I get this I'll send a reply and include an attachment. If it doesn't I'll use WhatsApp.

Steve