[consalacl] Invitation to 2nd CONSAL Council of Chief Academic Librarian

  • From: "Mutiara Bte Md Jais" <mutiara@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: consalacl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 11:35:07 +0800

Dear CAL Members,
We are pleased to invite you to attend the 2nd Meeting of CONSAL
Council of Chief Academic Librarians, to be held in Brunei Darussalam,
on 19  October 2003, at the Bilateral 3, International Convention
Centre, at 1.30 ? 5.00pm.

Attached is the provisional agenda for the meeting. Please review the
agenda and if you have some comments please email
consal2003@xxxxxxxxxx, or fax: 6732 249504 by 2nd October 2003.

There will also be a CAL Forum entitled ?Consortium in Purchasing
Electronic Databases?, on the morning of the same day 19 October 2003.
We expect all of you to join the Forum as you know this topic has been
selected in view of  the budgetery constraint faced by all libraries.
CAL Forum will be chaired by Mr. Jaffee Yee, from the YPP Library
Service.

Enclosed is also the tentative programme for the rest of your  stay in
Brunei Darussalam.

We regret to inform you that there will be no funding provided for the
air travel and accommodation for CAL delegates.  Please kindly seek
your own source of funding from your end. We suggest you book your
accomodation at Orchid Garden Hotel, and you may contact the CONSAL
appointed agent: Eco Tours & Travel at Tel: 6732 236665 / 221943, Fax:
6732 221967 or email: ecotours@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We extend this special invitation and hope you will join us for the
conference for which you will be exempted from paying the registration
fee.

For further details please have a look at CONSAL XII 2003 website
http://www.ubd.edu.bn/suppserv/library/activities/consal_xii_2003/index.
htm   or call us at 6732 249001 ext : 1257/1258, or email us
library@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx or consal2003@xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you and hope to hear from you shortly.

Sincerely yours,

Nellie Dato Paduka Haji Sunny
Chief Librarian
Universiti Brunei Darussalam Library/
Chairman of CONSAL XII Brunei Darussalam
Negara Brunei Darussalam