[CTS] wireless keyboard not working

  • From: "Jacqueline MacWhirter" <jmacwhirter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 20:25:00 -0500

Hi: My sister has a fairly new computer.  She has a wireless keyboard and
mouse. She lives about 60 mi away from me-- She changed the batteries in
both keyboard and mouse. she reactivated her wireless connector to the
computer as well as the connect buttons in both keyboard  and mouse. Well
the mouse works fine but not the keyboard she doesn't have the keyboard
listed in the system devices.  I  had her reinstall her software which came
with her computer-- then I walked her through add a hardware icon  whether
she did it right I don't know. She says it finished. I told her to unplug
her wireless and reset it , we checked the keyboard icon in the control
panel its there but nothing isn't it looks like her computer is not
recognizing her keyboard It is a  wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse, she
had a bunch of malware on her computer she cleaned it all out with Microsoft
Anti Spyware. I also told her the store probably went online to get the
latest driver, and maybe her the driver on her cd is not compatible with
Windows Home XP  I am asking  for any suggestions that would help me out .
Thank You very much in advance Jackie

** YOUR HELP IS URGENTLY NEEDED ** DONATE to Hurricane Katrina victims: http://www.redcross.org/ DONATE Housing (Spare room, shelter) http://www.hurricanehousing.org/

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm