[CTS] hard drive problem...no joy yet, any more ideas

  • From: "Annie Oldham" <annieoldham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 19:39:14 +0000

I went into the bios , and set the primary disk thing to auto, then i was
able to get the boot cd started, ( I do not have a boot floppy, just a cd )
but then it stopped and said there where bad blocks encountered, mbr has
been wiped, remove disks and restart the pc.  Is there anything else i can
do or is it time to get out my cheque book.
the pc was running with windows millenium.  help...anyone.???? thanx, annie

Un-subscribe/Vacation, http://listoptions.computertalkshop.com

List HowTo: http://faq.computertalkshop.com