[CTS] Re: RAM

  • From: "Bruce Eddy" <beddy1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 09:41:50 -0400

Correct on matching notches..and BOTH ends need to be locked in to secure
the chip...and yes if it wasn't locked in that would make it not register
and might even make your system not boot at all....

We're talking 168 pin SDRAM, correct?? There should be a notch on each end
of the chip and a corresponding clip/lever on each end of the memory slot on
the motherboard. I usually push the chip in pretty hard and the levers on
each end will automatically come up into  position, locking the chip in
place.

Bruce
beddy1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ICQ 3209671