[CTS] Re: RAM

  • From: "Bruce Eddy" <beddy1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 10:17:22 -0400

Ho Peggy, I don't think I've ever heard of anyone 'harming' a Pc by installing
the wrong ram? Usually it either works or you wind up with a no boot situation
that requires resetting the BIOS.. no biggee there tho...If Crucial says their
ram should work, AND if they'll refund your $$ if it doesn't, then I'd be
trusting them. Personally, I've been using Kingston Value Ram for the last year
now and it seems to be the most 'forgiving' ram around....some of the guys I
know that are heavy into overclocking and games swear by this ram..you might
check them out..or if you send me the info on the old machine I could find out
for you...either way I think the idea that you'd harm the PC by trying this is
pretty slim...especially if it's coming as a recommendation from a reliable ram
manufacturer.
HTH,
Bruce