[CTS] Re: RAM

  • From: Paul <landerso@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 22:03:05 -0400

DBCfour@xxxxxxx wrote:

> You sound more like you've read a lot about old stuff.  You can't talk about
> the "good old days" if you weren't even alive to experience them. :-)

I was there for a lot of them.  Got my first machine in 1990.
Admittedly, I never had the chance to be a Multician, or an ITS hacker.
But I have had the chance to be a Sun worshiper!  I've owned an IBM S/36
for a time.  I'm not so sure I would have enjoyed TECO...  I started
actually WORKING on computers in '94, doing repairs at a local computer
store.  Back then, computers where a lot more fun than they are now.
Even Linux isn't as much fun as it used to be.  Piffle, most people
these days haven't even used autoconf.  Me, I used to hack makefiles.  I
remember trying to get GRASS 3 going just so I could predict wildfire
propogation in california.  Remember when SimTel was king?

List HowTo: http://questforcertification.com/cts/faq

http://questforcertification.com/cts/other_cts_lists.htm