[CTS] Re: Question - reposted

  • From: Hal Brown <hbrown@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 19:11:35 -0500

Thanks to you and Peter for the info. My thought was VM would be better - just wanted to hear some other opinions. Long ago I tried something on a Win computer (don't remember what it was) for a VM. I do remember it was slow and I didn't really like it all that much.

-- Hal

John Madden wrote:
On Wednesday 19 November 2008, Peter wrote:
1. VMware, I think, has much better support for various technologies and is
cross-platform.

VMware server is a great product (and free as in freeware) and I just don't see the point in buying Workstation actually. I started using VirtualBox a while ago though and I found that it runs a LOT better, lighter on memory, better performance (for a windows VM, at least).

John

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm