[CTS] Re: Question - reposted

  • From: "Peter" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 12:10:24 -0500

Hal,
Adobe recently announced that can do a cross-platform upgrade. So, if you
have an older Windows Photoshop (3 versions back), you can upgrade to CS4
for the OS X platform. ($200) Now, onto your questions:

1. VMware, I think, has much better support for various technologies and is
cross-platform.

2. Yes, you can install from your disk, iso, or image. You can also take an
existing physical workstation/server, and convert it over to a virtual,
using Converter. http://www.vmware.com/products/converter/

3. Yes, once you have it installed, it's just like running Windows on your
PC. You can also run Dreamweaver, and have it run in a window on OS X. So it
looks like it's running natively on your Mac.

4. You dictate how much memory each running vm can use. I recommend over 1GB
per VM.

5. VMware provides drivers for the video, mouse, etc..

6. Yes, very easy.

7. Other issues... none that I can't think of off the top of my head. For
what you need it for, you should have no issues.

--Peter