[COMP] video formats

  • From: "Sherry" <ois@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <computers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 21:34:51 -0500

anybody know about avi files?  i have a program that records video in avi
format from my little intel netcam on my computer.  is avi a compressed
format?  could i fit the same amount of video/sound in a smaller file with a
different format?  (quality is not the most important thing, file size is.)
is mpeg better?  can i even record with mpeg if i use a different program?
i've been out looking for answers but apparently - as usual - my searches
aren't too exact.  but i'm still going to keep looking while i wait and see
if anybody knows the answers to my questions - thanks! :)

Sherry
Politically INcorrect, and proud of it!
ICQ #941399
http://www.tir.com/~ois