[COMP] Re: software sales hurting M$

  • From: "Shaun Ewing" <sewing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 10:02:43 +1000

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Windows 2000 is a bunch of bloatware requiring huge processor requirements
to use. I've used it before, and although it is nice - the only difference
between it and Windows 98 is some changes to icons (like Network
Neighborhood renamed to My Network Places) and the only other enhancements
are the speed, disposal of dos and a few cosmetic enhancements - I used this
at a friends house for a while.

Office 2000 is much slower although it is nicer than Office 97. There are a
few features that are nice such as the organisation of databases tables,
etc. in Access, etc. but it is slower as I mentioned before - I have this at
home and at school.

Regards,
 Shaun