[CoMoDev] topics for next meetings

  • From: David Beers <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:27:06 -0700

Hey folks,

Sorry we missed having Dick there last night--it's not the same without you,
Dick.  But we had a great group of new visitors, a good MS Smartphone demo, and
I got to shoot my mouth off a whole lot, which is always fun (for me anyway).
Hopefully I didn't scare anyone away.  I think all will agree that the
Microsoft conference room was great, and I'm glad for the sake of appeasing our
host that Kevin was there to balance my Java-oriented stuff with some good
red-blooded C#.NET.  The only thing that caught us a bit by surprise was the
lack of Internet (unless you had time to hack their network!)  I've got a new
mobile phone ordered that runs on that fast Cingular EDGE network and might
work for light-duty Internet connectivity next time.

I'm looking ahead to the next two or three meetings and trying to line up some
topics and speakers.  I have a few thoughts, but I wanted to solicit some ideas
from the rest of you first.  I'll say this again: it's terrific if you want to
present something, but even if there's just something you want to hear somebody
*else* talk about, that's good to know as well.  I can try to find that person
to come in and join us for a meeting.