[CoMoDev] mobile developer gigs

  • From: David Beers <cervezas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 14:58:16 -0600

Yo, Colorado Mobile Developers!

The mobile software economy on the Front Range definitely seems to be heating up
these days. I get wind of full-time or contract positions pretty often here, so
if any of you are looking for new gigs, do let me know. Particularly if you have
mobile Java experience (or separate mobile experience and Java experience)
and/or BREW/mobile C/C++ experience, please reach out to me!

Here are a couple positions I've been asked to post:

=================
TEKsystems is looking for a .NET developer with Windows Mobile 5 or 6
experience. Must also have experience working within SQL Server.
This person will play an integral role in the development of our client's
application. They will be needed to assess the current application as well as
continue development and set expectations and time tables. Architecture
experience is not a prerequisite, but helpful.
This position offers a lot of control and autonomy in a very laid back
atmosphere.
This is a 6 months to hire position.

Please contact Tony Garcia if you would like to discuss in more detail:
agarcia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
303-412-2763

=================

An angel-funded Boulder/Silicon Valley start-up has developed and patented a
next-generation multi-touch sensor technology for mobile and other devices and
needs a software developer to help them develop demo applications to go after
additional VC.  They're looking for someone who can bring some creative vision
as well as programming chops to the table.

Contact Phil Coyne, (650) 430-8415
(DB: I can send a short introductory document to you if you want to take a look
at that first.)

=================

Finally, it looks like I may be getting out of the "custom mobile business apps"
business and into a more consumer app development role in the very near future.
Since the Pikesoft phone won't necessarily stop ringing, I'll be looking for
people who are interested in being notified about prospective mobile dev
contracts when I here about them.  The "Post a Project" feature on the comodev
site is broken and I'm thinking about beefing it up with some kind of registry
that delivers notifications to developers about local projects or jobs that meet
the job criteria.  I don't have anything against recruiters, who play an
important role for many companies, but I'd like to try to create another more
"frictionless" connection between mobile developers and the companies that need
them.  I don't want a piece of anyone's action--the reward for me is just
keeping my pulse on the mobile software scene and seeing the mobile economy grow
on the Front Range.  Suggestions welcome... I'll keep you all posted on what I
decide to do.

Meantime, feel free to fire me off a resume if you're looking for projects or
jobs. In the next month or so I'm likely to have a couple or three projects and
know of some tasty full-time opportunities as well.

---
David Beers, Moderator
Colorado Mobile Developers
www.comodev.com