[CoMoDev] Re: Websphere Device Developer for free

  • From: "Andrei P." <andreip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:21:51 -0600

What version? 5.7.1?
If newer, I'm interested.

Andrei

-----Original Message-----
From: comodev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:comodev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of David Beers
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 6:44 PM
To: comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [CoMoDev] Websphere Device Developer for free

Can't remember if I mentioned this, but if anyone is interested in a free
copy of IBM's usually pricey WebSphere Device Developer IDE, I picked up a
copy at the PalmSource DevCon that they were passing out thanks to an
agreement between PalmSource and IBM to release it as a free tool.  To my
knowledge there isn't a download link yet, but I'm quite sure there is no
problem with burning a few copies for anyone in our group that wants one.

Note: WSDD is the Eclipse-based environment that IBM created for doing Java
development for their J9 VM on various mobile devices including the newer
Palm OS devices.  It's what you typically use if you want to write MIDP 2.0
apps for the Treos, Tungstens and Zires, for example.

Let me know.