[CoMoDev] Websphere Device Developer for free

  • From: David Beers <cervezas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:44:20 -0600

Can't remember if I mentioned this, but if anyone is interested in a free copy
of IBM's usually pricey WebSphere Device Developer IDE, I picked up a copy at
the PalmSource DevCon that they were passing out thanks to an agreement between
PalmSource and IBM to release it as a free tool.  To my knowledge there isn't a
download link yet, but I'm quite sure there is no problem with burning a few
copies for anyone in our group that wants one.

Note: WSDD is the Eclipse-based environment that IBM created for doing Java
development for their J9 VM on various mobile devices including the newer Palm
OS devices.  It's what you typically use if you want to write MIDP 2.0 apps for
the Treos, Tungstens and Zires, for example.

Let me know.

David

David Beers
Pikesoft Mobile Computing