[CoMoDev] Symbian and the missing sync

  • From: David Beers <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 21:16:01 -0700

Since we'll be talking about Symbian Tuesday, I thought this piece was
interesting.  Having got my start in mobile development with the Palm OS I
especially got a kick out of the last paragraph.

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news.php?id=33305

I haven't had a chance to actually synchronize my Nokia 6620 with the PC yet
because (1) there's no cable, much less a cradle for connecting the two, and
(2) the Ambicom USB Bluetooth adapter I bought a year ago doesn't support the
serial profile needed for synchronizing with the phone.  Once I get a new
adapter I plan to size up the PIM (and app data) sync situation and report my
findings.  There's a little thing called SyncML that Symbian (or maybe it's
Nokia) is supporting now that isn't mentioned in this article, but might be the
"missing sync."

David