[CoMoDev] Sorry I missed you guys

  • From: David Beers <cervezas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 20:03:11 -0700

My wife had trouble with the car today and by the time she got back home there
was no way for me to blast through the traffic and make it up for the meeting.
(Believe me, I tried).

I spoke with Pete Schofield and it sounds like all the discussion about the
meeting time created some confusion and made planning difficult, so I pledge to
get next month's meeting scheduled ASAP.

I was thinking maybe it was time to see if we could get Darren Shaffer out for
preso.  He's been doing a lot of work of late with the CAB (Composite
Application Block), which I interpret to be Microsoft's answer to OSGi and the
Eclipse Rich Client Framework.  Anyway, the buzz words may or may not mean
anything to you, but the concept is one that has been kind of a Holy Grail for
software development for years: a framework that allows software to be
assembled
from pluggable (in OO terminology "loosely coupled") components. Darren is one
of the leading mobile developers on the Front Range and any chance you get to
hear him present is well worth your while.  I'll see what I can do.

-db