[CoMoDev] Reminder: CO Mobile Developers mtg 6:30pm tomorrow

  • From: David Beers <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:02:02 -0600

CoMoDev, the Colorado Mobile Developers group will have its July meeting
tomorrow night at the Rock Bottom Brewery on County Line Rd across from Park
Meadows Mall.  Map here:
http://www.rockbottom.com/RockBottomWeb/ViewUploadedImage.aspx?token=af1cb33138bc4eb1a9661f91e9559bde.
  Meeting time is 6:30pm.  We have a banquet room to ourselves so noise and
smoke shouldn't be a problem.  No shortage of good food or good beer, either.

As usual this is a mostly informal gathering for mobile software developers in
the area to discuss things of mutual interest.  However, I will be giving the
short demo that I wasn't able to do at the last meeting--with a bit of a twist.
 Instead of just looking only at the Eclipse-based Palm OS Developer Suite, I'd
like to show off the open source Eclipse platform more generally as a mobile
software IDE.  I will show both the Palm OS "perspective" produced by
PalmSource and a Java perspective that's set up for cross-platform Java
development targeting the SuperWaba virtual machine.  It's a while since I've
done much Java development, but SuperWaba has got me excited about it again
because it seems to be one of the most powerful contenders for "write once, run
almost anywhere" on PDA-like devices.  So if there's interest I can talk about
that as well, but the details will have to wait for a future meeting!

So come on out after work, order some food and a beer, and lets talk handheld
software!  If you've got anything you want to show or tell, feel free to bring
it along. It's summer so we'll probably have a small group, but that can be
good too.

Tues July 27, 6:30 pm
Rock Bottom Brewery
9627 E. County Line Rd