[CoMoDev] Pervasive computing

  • From: "Sue Spielman" <sspielman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 15:55:12 -0600

Hi all. Usually I wouldn't blast this out to a list, but I thought that it
might be a fun way to get some cool ideas and also to see what types of
things people have seen in their various travels.

I'm putting together a new presentation on pervasive computing called
'Integrating Mobile Data in the Enterprise'. Here's the full session
description that I'll be doing at JAOO in Denmark in Sept.
http://www.jaoo.dk/speakers/show_speaker.jsp?oid=72

Anyway...I'm in the process of putting this together and would like to start
a conversation and get some feedback on a couple of things:
-If you were sitting in this presentation, what would you be interested in
hearing about?
-If you've worked on Mobile enterprise apps, would you like to share some of
your experiences...like roadblocks, technology hiccups, data issues...etc
-Have you seen resistance to any types of technology being used in the
field...lie field force automation apps?
-If you haven't worked on mobile enterprise apps, what types of questions do
you have about them?
-Anything else you'd like to add :).

Any and all thoughts are welcome for discuss. As soon as I can make a
meeting with my travel schedule...I'd be happy to present this to the group
at some point :)!

Thanks.

Regards,

Sue
President/Senior Consulting Engineer
Switchback Software LLC
http://www.switchbacksoftware.com
Providing a full range of J2EE and J2ME software development and consulting
services
PH: 303.838.6643
FX: 303.838.6649