[CoMoDev] Re: November and December meetings?

  • From: Jeff Preston <jpreston12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 05:12:33 -0800 (PST)

I am off to distant lands until Jan 10. I leave
Nov 21. I used to travel like this in my 20's and
didnt mind it. Now , it's my worst nightmare. I
go to Equador, Panama, Uruguay. I'd rather smash
my kamolies with a hammer!

I am always interested in what you guys are
working on, even if it's your backhand or powder
turns. Recent projects for me:

An interface for RFID readers to Excel. This was
all about Excel VBA macros and Dick's activeX
serial control.....no PDA stuff at all.

GPS tracking. It started out as a PocketPC app
that sends GPS sentences to an asp.net server.
The server serves mapPoint 2004 maps on the LAN
(No internet as per the MP EULA). Turned into a
lot of 3rd world work using dedicated harware in
the vehicles instead of PocketPC's and using
shapefiles for the server maps.

How I went from a mobile dev to a
VBA/website/asp.net guy working for banana
republic military-police doods (they kinda scare
me), I dunno.

CU all soon, Jeff

http://farechase.yahoo.com