[CoMoDev] Next meeting: Tues Aug 8?

  • From: David Beers <cervezas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 09:53:55 -0500

Hey folks,

First, apologies (again) that I haven't called a meeting since our last one (in
what was that? May?).  As my current project approaches a big release I've been
working crazier hours and spending more time in Chicago so lots of other
important stuff has been falling by the wayside.  But I'd like to have a CoMoDev
meeting this month if we can.  Looking at my calendar, I think next week is
probably the only time I have available.  Who's up for a meeting on, say, Tues
Aug 8?

The following week I'll be in San Francisco for the PalmSource Developer Day
where they will be giving early developer access to their new mobile Linux
platform.  Should have some stories to tell in September.  Meanwhile it looks
like Palm has decided not to rely on PalmSource to deliver the next version of
Palm OS and is instead negotiating for rights to take their Palm OS development
back in-house:
http://www.pikesoft.com/blog/index.php?itemid=105
.  Not completely unexpected, but certainly interesting in
that it looks likely now that there will be not one but two successors to the
current version of Palm OS.