[CoMoDev] Next Tuesday's CoMoDev meeting

  • From: David Beers <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:09:03 -0600

I'm a little behind the ball in announcing the details about next week's
meeting, but here's the plan.  Since the theme for the meeting is GPS and we're
planning to have some actual GPS demos (which don't work well indoors) we'll be
holding the meeting at DeKoevend Park in Englewood instead of our usual Rock
Bottom Brewery hangout.  Bring your own beer and food, if you're so inclined.
There should be plenty of room in the sheltered picnic area if you want to
bring family members.

Does anyone have a Garmin iQue besides me?  If so and they don't mind bringing
it I'm thinking about creating a little scavenger hunt quiz game for the iQue
where two teams walk around the park with GPS and collect clues to win a prize.
I'll share the code afterward for anyone who is interested in a sample of using
the Garmin API. I also have code demonstrating serial communication between a
Garmin GPS receiver (tested with eTrex) and a Palm OS PDA if there is an
interest.  If anyone else has GPS-related software or hardware that they think
would be of interest, bring it along.  Or just bring questions!

DeKoevend Park is on the West side of University Blvd, just North of Arapahoe
Rd.  I'll put a map on www.comodev.com.

The meeting time will be the same as usual: 6:30pm and we'll wrap up by 8:00.