[CoMoDev] Re: Meeting place

  • From: "dick_grier Grier" <dick_grier@xxxxxxx>
  • To: comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 20:33:15 -0600

Hi,

Dick, do you have any idea what kinds of
changes in Visual Studio "Whidbey" (2005) that will effect PocketPC development?
Have you heard any talk of an update of the .NET Compact Framework or anything
like that?
<<

Yes, Whidbey supports the Compact Framework 2.0. There are some additions that parallel changes for the Desktop in VS 2005, also with support for screen rotation, SmartPhone projects, and other things. I have a PPC that I will use with Whidbey -- I just haven't set it up yet, so I probably won't be able to say much specifically. However, the next meeting after that, I should be able to. AFAIK, the beta will be "open" so I won't be under any NDA. Right now, I have been released from "most" of the NDA that affected Whidbey Alpha -- anything that has been shown in public by Microsoft is fair game for us to discuss.

Dick

Richard Grier (Microsoft Visual Basic MVP)

See www.hardandsoftware.net for contact information.

Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications, 3rd Edition ISBN 1-890422-27-4 (391 pages) published February 2002.